Building Bike, Need Parts!

Hello, first post here. I bought my nephew a DoodleBug for Christmas. Seeing how much fun he is having on it, I am itching to build a larger version for myself!

I have been searching and what I'd like to build is a large fat tire bike like the Manco Big Cat. I have all the tools necessary (benders, mills, lathes, welders, etc..), BUT I need to find a good place for parts that I can't build myself.

I am going to be using a Comet Torque converter and a harbor freight 6.5 hp engine.

I need to find a place where I can get some wheels for the large tires. I don't know if ATV tires will work, since they are offset. I can cut out and weld the centers on some cheap steel atv wheels to make them work, but I'd rather buy ones already made. Anyone know where I can get some wheels?

Any other help would be appreciated (vendors, plansets, etc...)

Thanks!

kbs8ball

Welcome...try gokartgalaxy.com or gokartsupply.com or bmikarts.com all decent suppliers of mini related parts. if you need a custom seat check out the pics in my album.

you can use atv tires but if you use the rims you must find a wheel hub to fit the rim and the rear so you can put on a sprocket you can check out northern tool, ebay , baja motorsports they sell parts for their big tire bikes good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. 125cc, I'm looking for the 22"x11" tires. This would be a multi purpose bike. I want to build it to be somewhat like a two wheel fourwheeler if that makes sense. It will be used for trail riding, but also for hunting and towing things back and fourth from our prospecting claim.

Basically I want to build a cheap version of a Rokon Trailbreaker, but not a 2x2.

Anyone know of any plans for something like this? This is what I'm shooting for, but with wider tires:

Last edited:
Hello, first post here. I bought my nephew a DoodleBug for Christmas. Seeing how much fun he is having on it, I am itching to build a larger version for myself!

I have been searching and what I'd like to build is a large fat tire bike like the Manco Big Cat. I have all the tools necessary (benders, mills, lathes, welders, etc..), BUT I need to find a good place for parts that I can't build myself.

I am going to be using a Comet Torque converter and a harbor freight 6.5 hp engine.

I need to find a place where I can get some wheels for the large tires. I don't know if ATV tires will work, since they are offset. I can cut out and weld the centers on some cheap steel atv wheels to make them work, but I'd rather buy ones already made. Anyone know where I can get some wheels?

Any other help would be appreciated (vendors, plansets, etc...)

Thanks!
why dont you buy the bajaheat it sells for $499 at pepboys somtimes on sale for $399 these come with 6.5hp and with a few mods and a torque converter these are great for trails you cant beat thee for the price see pic of mine in my photos with 13hp electric start and torque converter and 18x9.5x8 tires