Can you help me identify my engine?

markus

that is a Tecumseh shroud, you are looking at the serial number It was built on the 270th day of problaby 1979 whatever it is. you need to scrap at the rust and crust right in front of the SER stamping like below, those numbers will tell you the engine size (If the shroud is original to the engine)

Ydwel

that is a Tecumseh shroud, you are looking at the serial number It was built on the 270th day of problaby 1979 whatever it is. you need to scrap at the rust and crust right in front of the SER stamping like below, those numbers will tell you the engine size (If the shroud is original to the engine)
See the thing is.. the meth heads I got it from can’t weld, so there’s way I can get those :(

Ydwel

See the thing is.. the meth heads I got it from can’t weld, so there’s way I can get those :(

Attachments

Harquebus

There's a separate subforum for Tecumseh engines but it's quite alright because you didn't know what you had.

Are you saying the other stamped numbers in the blower cover cannot be read?
Those numbers will show the horsepower, usually. H30 is 3.0 horsepower, H35 is 3.5 horsepower, etc etc.

There's a separate subforum for Tecumseh engines but it's quite alright because you didn't know what you had.

Are you saying the other stamped numbers in the blower cover cannot be read?
Those numbers will show the horsepower, usually. H30 is 3.0 horsepower, H35 is 3.5 horsepower, etc etc.
Correct

Harquebus

I'd look at the reverse side of the blower cover and see if the reverse image of the stamp can be read... that's assuming that is the original cover.

Otherwise I have no idea how the engine can be ID'ed.
Someone else will know. There be experts on OldMiniBikes. :cool:

I'd look at the reverse side of the blower cover and see if the reverse image of the stamp can be read... that's assuming that is the original cover.

Otherwise I have no idea how the engine can be ID'ed.
Someone else will know. There be experts on OldMiniBikes. :cool:
Too thick :( thanks though

Can you show the intake and exhaust ports?
Intake on left, exhaust on right is Hs40/Hs50, intake on right, exhaust on left is H35
You might have to remove the head to see which side has the bigger valve.
That shroud is in bad shape, wow