can you tell me what it is?

The bike is made by MTD but could have been sold under a few brand names. I also have a 5hp small block tecumseh that has a one inch shaft. Ironically I took it off a wood chipper that was made by MTD.

micro bill 7 the rules say if you get a mini bike for free, you are suspose to donate it
to me :thumbsup::scooter: i think its a mtd also:scooter:

im almost positive that there are no shocks, and that they're decorative boots, But im not sure, I know of a couple minis that had them on the front with no shocks, Its a friend of mines so I am unsure of the age

looks like it but no shok springs an different at the rear wheel. any idea year?
Some had springs on front only, some had shocks for the seat, but the frame design was basicly the same. The rear axel mounting plate changed to the type you have, I think, to accommodate disk brakes.

delray

micro bill 7,your bike is a later design frame. the last of the mtd/columbia bikes. two things that give it away are the rounded gas tank and the rear axle mount plate design. if you look at the blue bike posted you can see the rear axle plate mount is different and the gas tank is more square looking. mtd did not make alot of them frames with the new axle mount design. it took years before they realize they had a problem with the frames cracking in the rear lower frame area and buy then the minibike trend was done. if you still have a oval sticker on the front top fender under that red paint? try to clean it of carefully. it will say mtd or columbia. if you still had the chain cover? mtd bikes would say trial flite and columbia will say rambler:thumbsup:..........:scooter:

delray

Jay Wrix
blue bike posted still has the correct engine on it:thumbsup: i have only seen tecumseh engines on mtd/columbia's with the recoil cover revited on and the four extra holes drill in the side cover. i have not seen any other minibikes with that type of design. my 1970 columbia minibike my dad purchase new also has the same cover design. tecumseh may have only uses this design for a year or so? it maybe very rare to find that kind of cover?

delray

micro bill 7,all mtd's and columbia's came with silver only:thumbsup: and i also ment to say torque converter cover,not chain cover that would say trial flite or rambler:thumbsup: