carb and tank types

I have a 5hp that was on a tiller. I was wondering what changes could I make to get rid of the mounted tank and carb? I was thinking of a cheap chinese bike tank, 3 liter one,but not sure what would be needed for an intake and a carb.It will be for a fun mini bike dont probably need billet parts and fuel injection. :rolleyes: lol. If I have to replace any parts not sure what ones to get but open for upgrading to hp parts just dont see the need. I really need more room,tank will have to go, so maybe and exhaust an a air filter. Its a 130292 0793 01. I did order a rebuild kit for the carb. I got to thinking though will need the gas tank gone. It seems to have 2 different numbers come up when I search the model number, is there an easier way? All this new information is overwhelming but I'm going to keep chugging along.

Attachments

Harquebus

You're sort of all over the place. Ordered a rebuild kit for the carb, but you're getting rid of the tank (and that means the tank mounted carb).
Whoops!
....What 2 different numbers come up when you search the model number? These old engines are pretty straight-forward and easy to work with.

You know folks kart race with flathead 5 HP Briggs with upgraded Pulsa-Jet carbs, right? Just saying that the tank mounted carb is capable of high performance...

But deleting the tank and carburetor combination is rather easy--others have done it but the real trick is finding or fabricating an intake manifold for the new carburetor. And the new carburetor can be nearly anything; a clone type carb, a slide carburetor like a Mikuni. Tons of articles all over the interwebz.

I have 2 of them engines. I will have to search the web then. I am completely new to this. Closest thing to a mini bike I have is a 82 Suzuki gs650L. The motor won't fit very well with out a different set up. I figured I would try whatever works. I was thinking just a gravity fed carb. I'm just not sure if they will bolt up. they are a couple that look like it but I don't want to buy a lot of wrong stuff then have it set. I will have to put a gasket set on one seems to be leaking. I didn't have time to check them out and clean them up. may just be something need tightened down. I have grandpa duty from 6:00-8 then at 1130to about 100. So I'm doing the best I can. If I ask maybe the answers will at least point me in a general direction. I don't want to spend any more than I need to. I figured if everything was stock after I replaced stuff people would say you should have done this or that it only cost a little bit more.lol That's why I'm all over the place on the questions. Not trying to be crazy.