Cat....But what Cat ?

Mac

Picked this one up today at a local Swapmeet for $20.
I know it's a Cat, just not which one.
Removable handlebars, and if you look close, you
can see it had a tab sticking off the frame
(Like a Dominator) to keep a rear drum brake from spinning.
Someone added a couple large nuts and pushed a scrub brake
through them.
......So whatcha think it is ?

300x is my guess, mine has a scrub brake but I've been told they had options as brakes go. That frame has seen some mods but is pretty clean, 300x I'm sure.:thumbsup:

300x bars were straight and not swept forward like the SS, I think they were chrome as well. The tab wraps around like it was added on rather than the way the caliper brackets were welded along the top of the tube, it's been modified and could be a mixed bag but I'm still sayin 300x. Like mine...only mine has not been touched.

300x bars were straight and not swept forward like the SS, I think they were chrome as well. The tab wraps around like it was added on rather than the way the caliper brackets were welded along the top of the tube, it's been modified and could be a mixed bag but I'm still sayin 300x. Like mine...only mine has not been touched.

I agree ... 300x ...

mybiz

Is it me or does the R models (made after 1972) cats look to be shorter look at the front and rear of the motor plate..:shrug:

Just joking...:anon.sml:

..That's what I'm leaning toward. It looks like the yellow one above(Only not yellow).
Well they're both 300 models, the key difference is the straight bars vs. the forward swept bars. I have those bars for mine and will run them so the straight bars like yours wont hit my knees. But my 300x has bars just like yours and they're painted, it'd be easier if it had'nt been worked on but I'm still convinced it's a 300x. The R3001 Mybiz found is close but has chrome straight bars unlike the chrome front swept SS bars.:shrug:

mybiz

350?

It at one time had a hand brake! Pay no attention to the two "NUTS" that someone added on that threw me off until i looked closer. So it was a 350?? at some time,,:blink::no:

I'm gonna leave it to the experts, all I know about Cat minibikes I've learned here! I will stand by my belief that the bars are from a 300x, and consider the fact someone could have cut the back of the engine plate off taking the scrub mount off in the process. But past that I surrender!:surrender: Some folks here have forgotten more than I could hope to know!:thumbsup: