Cat / MX Duster redo

I bought this last week as a roller.I had asked what it was and was told it is a MX Duster sold out of Jc Pennys. Is it still made by Cat ??? I hope so because the chrome on the front of the bars was a little scraped up so I dressed it up with some chrome letters ( CAT ) Any how its nothing special just a nice clean old bike that didn't take a whole lot . I am just waiting on a seat I bought for it and to get a new tank bracket so I can mount it the right way. I have grips and cables and everything else. Should be done by the end of the week

Before

Now

Before

Now

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

I got it at Napa , Its made by Duplicolor its called metalcast its a two part paint . you have to paint it first with this high reflective silver then go over it with the candy. This is just a candy yellow but it almost matched the original.:hammer:

cant wait to see the seat !!! :lol:

Your killin me Kenny.. :death:

I only bought this thing to fix up and help fund my Super Broncs ( mainly your seats ) so I can justify sinking a bunch of dough into this one.I am laid off right now so I gotta do what I can if I wanna play. So I picked out a seat off ebay that has similar lines to the original. I am sure it will look alot better than a piece of plywood wrapped in pleather. :001_tt2: lol

Yellowhand Thanx Man . That means alot coming from you.:bowdown:

Dodge you need to buy the base coat and the candy. They are about $8 a pc. I copied this from a tv show on spike. They used a bedliner paint as the primer to add texture which makes it sparkle a little more.Kinda a rougher finish than I like but when I went over it with clear it smooths out alot. I just liked the color because it was so close to the original candy pineapple color, and it really pops. I will try to get some better pics up tomorrow in the sunlight. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

delray

cool color they had on that bike with the chrome handle bars and fenders.....:punk:
don't see alot of side mount tecumseh tanks. most are front mount or rear small tank for a edger. i have only one 5hp tecumseh side mount tank and that engine came off a gocart.

Yea its not really useable on this bike because of the placement and size of the footpegs.I need to get another bracket to move it to the front, If anyone has a front mount and wants a side mount I will trade.:drinkup:

DAMNIT man that is a gorgeous bike. :drool: you fell into a deal on that old whore.. :thumbsup: That auta fix the unemployment for one week anyways... :wink: I think Didge has about 700 bucks he's dying to get rid of. :wink:

you dont need to get the special silver basecoat for metalcast. I use whatever metallic silver i have around and it works just as well if not better.

LN666 heres a picture of the seat bracket off my R4001 I think its the same as the one used on your Duster.
Real Nice Seat

Yep thats exactly how I made them .The seat was off ebay, and when I got it the sticker said Northern tool.Looks to be a decent seat. Its no ksb8ball seat by any means but it will do..

This is the first time I have ever used the Metalcast paint, so thanx for the tip.:wink: