CAT Roller, JC Penney Duster MX

1971_MB1A

Has a solid front fork plate, so that makes me think Penney's bike. However, original paint is gold (Pineapple Flam, same as Dominator).
Needs a lot. The one wheel star that is there is rusted through. I may have the seat rails and shocks, but not positive.
Pick up near Madison WI.
$175
View attachment 311955 View attachment 311956 View attachment 311957 View attachment 311958 View attachment 311959
Some of the early built Duster MX bikes were also that color. A few years ago I picked one up that still had its very nice original paint on it.

FunWithStuff

Has a solid front fork plate, so that makes me think Penney's bike. However, original paint is gold (Pineapple Flam, same as Dominator).
View attachment 311955 View attachment 311956 View attachment 311957 View attachment 311958 View attachment 311959
Some of the early built Duster MX bikes were also that color. A few years ago I picked one up that still had its very nice original paint on it.
I also think this is a Duster MX. If it was a Dominator type model you would see mounting tabs on the top of the frame for a fuel tank and kill switch but those seem to be missing on this model.

Last edited:
Definitely a Duster MX. Someone painted the top tubes so at first glance I wasn't sure, but I took a closer look yesterday and there was no evidence of the gas tank mounts and kill switch.
I've edited the title to match