Centrif Clutch Engagement' Type & Reasons.

IJG

Hello Fellow Minibike Enthusiast's'
I am making this thread to get the proper knowledge of the centrifugal clutch engagement's.
I may have a slight ADD issue So Please Keep Answers Precise & Short to the best of you're abilities.:001_huh:
Question: 1. What difference does it make if the clutch engages
@ Low rpm's compared to the higher rated rpm clutches?
My Guess is an arm ripping take off @ the line due to the force of the motors torque.:shrug:
Question: 2. If the clutch engagement is rated @ the higher end does it ware out faster do to the different speed of friction & or heat it may create during use?
Question :3. What does one look for in Reliability & Quality yet Simplicity?
As I do not think I wish to tinker with clutch springs just yet.:scared:
I inspect & then grease them. But I wouldn't Truly know how bad they are from being used.
I have not had that much experience in them as I had hoped'
to recall it all.
But I got TODAY.:thumbsup:
Thanks
IJG

I'll try:

Question: 1. What difference does it make if the clutch engages
@ Low rpm's compared to the higher rated rpm clutches? Higher RPM engagement allows an engine to reach a more optimum power setting before torque is felt.

Question: 2. If the clutch engagement is rated @ the higher end does it ware out faster do to the different speed of friction & or heat it may create during use? No, since it is the springs preventing the centrifugal engagement. The clutch is not engaged/slipping, just spinning

Question :3. What does one look for in Reliability & Quality yet Simplicity?
As I do not think I wish to tinker with clutch springs just yet.:scared:
I inspect & then grease them. But I wouldn't Truly know how bad they are from being used. If you want to restore an original clutch, others here can help if you post photos and specific information on it. Otherwise, I stick with bottom end Max Torque 12T 35 chain. I used this clutch on 3-4 HP Tecumsehs, and use one on a 10HP Briggs and Stratton with no problems.
IJG