cl finds......

dang i wish i had some spare cash........................2 good finds on cl today.........
listed as a rupp and speedway......he says the rupp has a lighting coil........

How much was he wanting ? They look like pretty clean projects. All ours here in Ohio have sat outside behind a shed for 15 yrs & look like crap. Probably why sandblasting & powdercoaters are on every street corner lol

I think I'd be taking that Speedway for that kinda money if I was out there. Ya never know what he might accept on it. I'm pretty partial to those Speedways though :laugh: Had one with the 80cc Sachs 2 stroke and what a great bike it was :thumbsup:

i was thinking the same thing amigo.......i called him and he said he was pretty firm....think i will wait and see in a day or two.........maybe then i can deal with him.....:smile:

dang i wish i had some spare cash........................2 good finds on cl today.........
listed as a rupp and speedway......he says the rupp has a lighting coil........
I doubt the Rupp has a lighting coil, it's not only the wrong engine, BUT it was originally a non lighted bike.. people don't know what theya re talking about.. :facepalm: There also in the same area is an ad for a ( ORIGINAL RUPP ROADSTER ENGINE) "Ran when bike was parted"

OBVIOUSLY HAS NOT RAN IN 30 years.. looks like TOTAL GARBAGE.. NON LIGHTED, Tec H35 SIDEPOOPER, no air filter, bolts rusted off in the exhaust port... TOTALLY FCKED sidepooper...

TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! :facepalm:

I wrote him and explained the story,, yet the engine is still there... Eveidently nobody is that stupid... :laugh:

Both bikes have the wrong engine.. The speedway has one of the briggs Industrial Plus 5 horse motors..

They are both overpriced.. ALTHOUGH the chrome is really nice on them both, and you could probably part them down for your money back.. But they wouldn't be any kind of cash cow by any means.. :shrug:

That ad has been up for quite a while..

How much was he wanting ? They look like pretty clean projects. All ours here in Ohio have sat outside behind a shed for 15 yrs & look like crap. Probably why sandblasting & powdercoaters are on every street corner lol
There WAS A PAIR!!! of Tav Rupps on CL in the detroit area a while ago.. Two of them.. %100 complete, BOTH looked like brand new + 40 years of dust... 500 for the pair.. :eek:hmy:

I'd give that for the speed way, I want one of those bigger sized bikes.
also overpriced but.. :shrug: Speedway Mini Bikes Also been posted forever, in way lower michigan..

Tippy i would jump on the rupp it's close to complete I know there's rupp parts out there, speedway parts not so much. Good luck
Shipping is gonna be thousands.. :laugh: