Clutch question

I was putting the engine back on my Cat 250 and pulled the clutch out of the box to fit the chain and guard.I bought it many,many years ago,and never opened the box before.What I have is a Hillard extreme duty clutch.My original clutch was a skinny thing with two shoes.This Hillard is wider with four shoes on it.Do those four heavy duty shoes sling out at a fairly low speed like the two shoe? Or,does it have to wind up more to get it to go? I did read the box,it says for use in a go-cart where a heavier clutch is needed.If it engages the same as the light one I will use it.If not I will have to find a lighter clutch.I remember a friend with a mini bike in the late 60's or early 70's that had a heavy duty clutch.He had to wind the snot out of it to make it go,then he was pretty much locked up and gone.I don't want one of those.

I haven't gotten that far this week yet.I steam cleaned the engine to get it ready for paint,and went to pre-fit the clutch in case I ran into any problems.That is when I found the end of the crank has never been drilled.The original clutch had two set screws holding it on.As I remember the original clutch would start to engage just above an idle.It might be a week or two before I actually take it off the bench to run it up.If I didn't need the table to finish up the Model A I have parked next to it I would probably drag my feet even more.I took this bike apart in 71,and started putting it back together in 2011.I started buying parts for it about ten years ago,the clutch is one of them.Once it goes off that table it might not get back on it for months,maybe even years.So this time it is getting finished.