Coleman 196cc, 98cc exhaust diameter?

My son's both have Coleman mini bikes... One of them is a bt200x with the 196cc Honda clone

The other is a ct100u with a 98cc engine

What would be a good size for the exhaust on these bikes? I would like to build them out of materials I have in my scrap pile

No su
My son's both have Coleman mini bikes... One of them is a bt200x with the 196cc Honda clone

The other is a ct100u with a 98cc engine

What would be a good size for the exhaust on these bikes? I would like to build them out of materials I have in my scrap pile
Not sure about the 98cc.
The 196cc heads usually work well will a .880" i.d. exhaust. I find the clone heads to flow really well without much worry of power loss. Some stock style mufflers work just as good as a cheap header pipe. I don't worry about the exhaust side unless the engine is in the mid and upper rpm most of its life, 4000+ rpm 75% or more when running, then it's time for a header.
Be careful when going to a big o.d pipe to the flange. Too big and you cannot get the nuts on the studs. I've tried Allen head bolts for the exhaust, they kept coming loose.
I recommend not bracing exhaust pipe to the frame. These lil engine flex alot more then most people think about. Keep the header pipe short and braced on the engine, saves blown out gaskets and loose exhaust.

Mr. Pink

I’m in the process of fabricating exhaust headers for two of my bikes.
1” OD is the size pipe for both a 5hp Briggs and 212 Predator.
I’ve been making some practice bends on my homemade bender with 3/4” electrical conduit (0.92” OD).
Packing the tubing with sand and using the dies I fabricated from composite lumber, I am getting good results with very little flattening on the inside of the bend.

Bender.jpg