Could this Cat be anything else?

TomH

Yeah Can't tell in the pic, but there needs to be holes in the frame I would think, to mount the slingshot seat and hardware

I have both....virtually the same frame. The Slingshot sissy bar mounts up to the bottom of the standard seat mount holes on the frame (the seat straps actually) The biggest give away that it is a Slingshot would be the extra seat mount strap (thats exactly what it is) welded to the back of the frame to accomodate the Slingshot decal.

Last edited:
I have both....virtually the same frame. The Slingshot sissy bar mounts up to the bottom of the standard seat mount holes on the frame (the seat straps actually) The biggest give away that it is a Slingshot would be the extra seat mount strape (thats exactly what it is) welded to the back of the frame to accomodate the Slingshot decal.
Ok that's what i was wondering..if there is anyway to determin a slingshot from the other.. trying to gather info before i go look at it..

45t

[QUOTE The biggest give away that it is a Slingshot would be the extra seat mount strap (thats exactly what it is) welded to the back of the frame to accomodate the Slingshot decal.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I had forgot about the rear nameplate under the seat. The slingshot has the same type of rear nameplate as your Duster does, just below & behind the seat, where the sissy bar mounts.

Whichever bike it is, I would recommend picking it up (if the price is right). It looks very nice and complete.

45t

So, did you figure out if it was a Slingshot or a R3501? And most importantly did you buy it? :shrug:

So, did you figure out if it was a Slingshot or a R3501? And most importantly did you buy it? :shrug:
No I called and the front fork is spraybombed silver. Missing the guard and rear fender. so not sure what model it is, and haven't got up the incentive to go look yet..lol