Craigslist comes through again...

i was checking out CL this morning looking for mini bike stuff and saw a free motor on there. i called the guy but someone else had beat me to it. the guy called me back this evening because the other dude never showed up.

i got myself a free running Briggs motor. it should be a 5hp. i guess it's time to find a frame and build another bike. i just put some gas in it, gave it a few pulls and it fired right up.

i'll bring my camera home from work tomorrow and get some pics. i'd like to know what model it is and how much hp for sure. it's white and all the stickers are worn off. i'll look at it a bit closer later tonight and see if i can see any numbers.

i was messing around with it some more and it won't idle. the throttle set up seems kind of sketchy and i'm sure the carb needs a good cleaning. at least it runs, i wasn't expecting it to when i first saw it.

"Free is a very good price!"

Advertising slogan for Tom Peterson's, a longtime credit furntiture retailer in Portland, Ore.

it's going to be sitting for awhile but i'll check that out. i have to move in a week and won't have time to mess with it.

it turns out it's only a 2hp motor too. there's a thread about it with pics in the engine section.