CT301U project

I got the motor and 40 series tav in the frame but had to cut the frame and use some angle iron to make room for the driven pulley... did this because I wanted to use the gas tank off the original motor and after getting it to fit the 301 with some mods it had to fit flat on the motor plate...got the sprockets lined up and motor is bolted down ready for first crank

Attachments

I got everything bolted up and saw where it was going to need a chain roller tensioner to get some needed clearance so I used the one that came on it but did a stationary mount...removed 3 links of the chain with the tire all the way forward and it all works...check out the 1 1/4 sq tube header l made...its loud and it needs a carb tune because it loads up when your hard on the gas and pops...going to mount the rider pegs now that ive figured out where my feet need to be...going to take it all back apart for paint after all is fine tuned NOT RED

Attachments

Hey guys I was so eager to be a member of your forum that I over looked the simple fact that this forum is all about old minis and not about the current minis available for sale today. Sorry for doing so and if I ever do come by an old mini which is really hard to find in my area I will come back and share...until then all be safe and have fun.

DaddyJohn

Hey guys I was so eager to be a member of your forum that I over looked the simple fact that this forum is all about old minis and not about the current minis available for sale today. Sorry for doing so and if I ever do come by an old mini which is really hard to find in my area I will come back and share...until then all be safe and have fun.
Not true at all, there are sub-forums for every interest!

Some folks only do vintage US, some only newer Chinese stuff, and some (like myself) do whatever they take an interest in.

As a matter in fact, the stuff you've posted is entirely appropriate for the Projects and Rides sub-forum.

Anyway, I'd ask that you keep posting updates on your 301cc Project! :D

old shed finds

Not true at all, there are sub-forums for every interest!

Some folks only do vintage US, some only newer Chinese stuff, and some (like myself) do whatever they take an interest in.

As a matter in fact, the stuff you've posted is entirely appropriate for the Projects and Rides sub-forum.

Anyway, I'd ask that you keep posting updates on your 301cc Project! :D
Exactly right on... Said it Right!

I got it together and running last year and then took it back apart to clean up the frame welds and paint........ finally got back around to finish.My little dog Scooter loves to ride so I mounted the crate for him to go in.Two 3/8 wing nuts to remove or install.Pedator 301 without the governor and 40 series drive produces 30 mph cruise with low 50 top end.

Attachments

I got it together and running last year and then took it back apart to clean up the frame welds and paint........ finally got back around to finish.My little dog Scooter loves to ride so I mounted the crate for him to go in.Two 3/8 wing nuts to remove or install.Pedator 301 without the governor and 40 series drive produces 30 mph cruise with low 50 top end.
With that seat mounted like that, you should name the bike Nut Buster. :oops:

I replied to Will W about his seat and toomanytoys replied to me, no one said anything about your seat, tempting as it may be. Obviously, you moved your seat back so you can do static wheelies and admire your backwards mounted front fe
With that seat mounted like that, you should name the bike Nut Buster. :oops:
take a good look at the front mount on the seat. Its a leaf spring from a hay rake tine that allows the seat to rock fore and aft.Very comfortable for a 68 year old and one a of a kind that I made.

take a good look at the front mount on the seat. Its a leaf spring from a hay rake tine that allows the seat to rock fore and aft.Very comfortable for a 68 year old and one a of a kind that I made.
Well, from one 68 y/o to another, if you hit a big bump or a hole that launches you off of the seat and you land a few inches further forward, you may be screaming in a high pitch. They're your berries, make jam out of them if you want to. There are reasons why dirt bikes have long relatively flat seats, one being that you never know where you might land after a big bounce. Just for S&G, hold your fist against the back of the gas tank while you push the nose of the seat down, see if you have a pinch point. If so, imagine something very tender in there when your weight comes down on the seat.

Very nice fab work, not many on here are capable of that. I see you ended up using a different tank anyhow.
I have the same mini and used a riser plate from OldMiniBikes, gas tank still fit easily.

I have a predator 301 with a 40 series tav drive that is not intended to use on a mini.
Try doing it with a predator 301 and a v belt 40 series tav rated for engines up to 18 hp

Well, from one 68 y/o to another, if you hit a big bump or a hole that launches you off of the seat and you land a few inches further forward, you may be screaming in a high pitch. They're your berries, make jam out of them if you want to. There are reasons why dirt bikes have long relatively flat seats, one being that you never know where you might land after a big bounce. Just for S&G, hold your fist against the back of the gas tank while you push the nose of the seat down, see if you have a pinch point. If so, imagine something very tender in there when your weight comes down on the seat.

I have real motorcycles to bash the balls on which I do NOT do and the mini is just a S&G novelty to play with and if you think I fkd up the ct200 wait till you see what I do to this never ridden bt200x.

Attachments

I have real motorcycles to bash the balls on which I do NOT do and the mini is just a S&G novelty to play with and if you think I fkd up the ct200 wait till you see what I do to this never ridden bt200x.
Not bragging but I got this bad boy that I built the motor myself to be a 110 hp 116 lb torque monster.

Attachments