CT70 KO Question

I have graduated from working on vintage Mustangs to my latest project, a 1970 CT70. It sat for a prolonged period in a covered shed and is in good shape. I put new cables, carb, and a variety of other small parts on it and it is runs perfect.
The issue I am having is not getting the headlight and dash light to work. I have no power to the brown/red dual plug wire going into the headlight bucket. I am aware that for the headlight to work the bike has to be running. So I have a couple questions and some troubleshooting things I tried:
-I get that the headlight is powered off the stator/generator only when running, but shouldn't the dash light work?
-Since I am getting spark, would I assume that the stator/generator is good?
-The grounds are all good. Brand new bulbs in the entire bike (checked again today). New dimmer switch that works when I jump power to the switch/headlight.
- Accessed the ignition switch and took a hot lead from the battery to the soldered point on the back of the switch labeled "HL" ( I assume headlight) and the head lamp and the dash light worked. All this leads me to think the likely culprit is the ignition switch.

Before I spend the money on a new switch I'm wondering if any of you have any other toughts or things to check on.
Thanks in advance for your help,

nightgrider

Assuming you have stock 6 volt wiring. CT70's have a 3 position ignition switch. Off, run, and run with lights. Do you have the key turned to the second run position? Sounds like a bad ignition switch.

Last edited: