Current Manufacturers?

I'm looking hard. Want to pull the trigger but don't want to make a stupid move. What do you think of this one?

Owner doesn't know what it is and neither do I. Please help.

detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/5763165423.html

will not work... SO ANNOYING..

This is exactly what it says when i paste the exact link:

Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.

If you copy and past what I put before into your web browser it should take you to the listing...

Yes! No idea what I'm doing wrong when trying to post links. Sorry I'm a rookie!

What is that thing? Would you buy it? Looking for some direction from some of you vets...

Arco mini bike...kinda over priced to be honest. If you are looking for a sweet vintage bike...just be patient and they pop up all the time in the Detroit area. And if not...I have a wide selection of bikes that I should sell..lol.
download (2).jpg

interesting. thanks for letting me know. i like the fact that it has a honda motor as well. was thinking about offering 375 and maybe going up to 400. looking for the best i can get for approximately 500ish. have you heard of motor city minis in taylor? they have a whole store full of vintage bikes... might end up doing business with them. they have a newer lil indian with a built motor for 600 that they claim does 50-60mph... think the idea of starting with a vintage frame that is solid and getting it powder coated would be fun but a little nervous about part fitment as i try to piece it together...

Yes I know them....but like I said..be patient. There are many pages on Facebook for minis in the Detroit area....and many deals on them. If you rush..you will end up with a over priced turd usually.

i hear ya. I'm just not sure which direction to head in. i like the old school frames... looking for one that is robust and can carry my big ass around. I'm 6'2' / 215lbs. would love to just get a brand new taco 22 kit but looks like ill be damn close to a grand by the time i buy the roller kit ($650) plus paint, engine, clutch. and thats not including shipping.

Have you looked at the "bad dog" kits? I have one and its a pretty nice bike. If you are dead set on buying a new kit, they are less expensive than the taco kits, but better quality than the Azusa kits. In all honesty, if you are patient, especially around michigan, you can find an old roller like a cat or bonanza for less $ and restore it. Personally I think the old style doodlebug make for good riders, easy to find parts, arent expensive, good platform for mods, etc. But if you are set on a kit and don't want to spend Taco minibike prices, the bad dog kits arent bad.

i hear ya. I'm just not sure which direction to head in. i like the old school frames... looking for one that is robust and can carry my big ass around. I'm 6'2' / 215lbs. would love to just get a brand new taco 22 kit but looks like ill be damn close to a grand by the time i buy the roller kit ($650) plus paint, engine, clutch. and thats not including shipping.
I was just checking out craigslist in Michigan and there are several old school Ruttman mini bikes for less than what you would end up investing in pretty much any kit on the market and I really think you would be a lot happier with it. By the time you buy an engine, clutch, chain, seat, paint, etc. You're looking at 600 bucks easy. For that price you can get an old vintage bike that you will be able to resale easy, plus it's a lot cooler. I was in your shoes and went with a new kit, and I like it. It's nice. But if I had it to do over again, I'd have waited to find a vintage project. Good luck man. When you do end up finding something, whether it's a new kit or something else, do a project thread. The guys on here are very helpful and more than happy to offer tips to help you along the way. A lot of them even have extra parts and are often willing to make you a great deal to help ya.

I'm the opposite. I aint even done with my vintage bike and shopping for a new one. I'm a hot rodder from way back with cars and don't mind tastefully chopping and modding vintage but got the bug. I'm turning my MW 424 into a 525 clone but now want a newer bike with larger tires to chop all up and back. Got a lil lifan 125 5 speed I just don't feel right putting in the wards.

This not a bad option if you find one.late model Baja db30s.old style type frame. 14" cushy tires for bigger person..you can move seat up and back making some mounts..if you need more room.. I paid $200 barely used off Craig's list ..get a Briggs engine if want Americanize it..not cost more than a Honda eng..$$.. IMG_20160411_142125.jpg .. IMG_20160429_195736.jpg

Last edited:
Ron Jovi... What Bad Dog kit do you have. How much did it cost?

I looked them up and they do look pretty nice and seem cheaper than Taco. Im scared Ill be too big for the Taco 22 kit...

Ron Jovi... What Bad Dog kit do you have. How much did it cost?

I looked them up and they do look pretty nice and seem cheaper than Taco. Im scared Ill be too big for the Taco 22 kit...
Just an FYI: Bad Dog Bike = No suspension whatsoever. If you are planning on doing any off road riding I believe that you will regret getting this bike.
Michael