Doodle bug through the years

How has the doodle bug changed year from year. I'm trying to make a time line so when you see used doodle bugs for sale you can figure out when they where made.

C9H13NO3

There was a model made from 2003-2007, that has 8 engine slots and no fork stops in the front, it is usually a orangeish color.The forks were angled. The model made from 2007- 2010 has 4 slots and fork stops, and came in yellow, red, and green. The forks were angled. The new model has a completely different look, such as the frame rails flare out and angle up at the end of the bike, and the forks are completely straight.

There was a model made from 2003-2007, that has 8 engine slots and no fork stops in the front, it is usually a orangeish color.The forks were angled. The model made from 2007- 2010 has 4 slots and fork stops, and came in yellow, red, and green. The forks were angled. The new model has a completely different look, such as the frame rails flare out and angle up at the end of the bike, and the forks are completely straight.
There is also the black and red "2007-2010" that was sold under the name Viper for Academy sports and outdoors. It is a red frame with black fenders and fork/bar

C9H13NO3

There is also the black and red "2007-2010" that was sold under the name Viper for Academy sports and outdoors. It is a red frame with black fenders and fork/bar
If you want to count the knock off DBs (lol) then add the Rivet. It is electric and black but the same frame as the DB

If you want to count the knock off DBs (lol) then add the Rivet. It is electric and black but the same frame as the DB
The viper isn't a "knock off" it's a baja DB that was made for academy with different paint and name (Viper). I took me a while to figure that out till I called baja and asked what was up with the viper and why I couldn't find parts for it on their site. There are a lot of frames that look the same as the DB, northern tools even sells just frame sets that you can build on.

OK, this is what I think I remember.............

The colors were:
Early colors Red & Green

There is DB30 Baja Racer? Sport?

Mounting plates were different
Rear tire sprockets changed
Tires Changed

Other types:

Badger
Moose
Rivet

Last edited: