DRAG MANCO THUNDERBIRD

my first choice was your style bike then at the last minute I found this bike and like the slant engine mount setup better over the flat mount. one advantage was I could move the motor forward more then any other factory style built bike and had a good area to stretch it too. bike launches so hard and makes it for me more controllable to hold the bike down without wheeling it. I run my bike in a class that it must be rope start and no wheeling bars. making it just little harder to build a bike that will launch hard and stay down. this year I just ran a flathead Tecumseh that came out of the hole at 3800 rpm's and was spinning 7200 at 125ft. very easy to control it. but two years ago motor was that overhead valve Tecumseh(video) that came out of the hole at 4000 and spinning 8200rpm's at 125ft. end up getting second place with it. 195cc Tecumseh was eating up the 212 clones all day. that was a lot of fun. without a doubt it was the loudest small engine running that day. also like the 10inch rim size for my application. knobby on the rear and street tire for the front. I did have to run 12 screws on ea side of the rims to keep the tire from spinning on the rim.
likes to float the front tire off the ground about 3-4 inch's for the first 5ft or so …..just hooks a go's and me I need to come out of the hole quick because them big cc engines like to chance me down to the end....lol
I need all the tips I can get buddy...I'm not a dick rider but I want to build mine pretty damn close to the specs of your bike...I plan on using a predator 212 as the powerplant...unless I can find a used animal engine from a to kart to throw on it...I'm in experienced when it comes to those kind of engines so somthing already built is what I'ma go for if I can find one

delray

I need all the tips I can get buddy...I'm not a dick rider but I want to build mine pretty damn close to the specs of your bike...I plan on using a predator 212 as the powerplant...unless I can find a used animal engine from a to kart to throw on it...I'm in experienced when it comes to those kind of engines so somthing already built is what I'ma go for if I can find one
I see your bike you are getting has the hard tail front forks. my bike has the springs but they really don't do anything. this winter I am making a new pair of bars without the springs and using a light set of aluminum handle bars(wide&low) and clamps and I am done with torque converter setups and using a jackshaft setup behind all that too. keeping it real simple. using high stall disc clutch only setup on a comet steel jackshaft plate(modified) straight back to the rear sprocket. done turning all that extra stuff. to much hp lost when only using a small block engine.
animal would be interesting to build. I see someone now makes a billet head for them. if you where closing(wis) you could run up against me when you get it built....

I see your bike you are getting has the hard tail front forks. my bike has the springs but they really don't do anything. this winter I am making a new pair of bars without the springs and using a light set of aluminum handle bars(wide&low) and clamps and I am done with torque converter setups and using a jackshaft setup behind all that too. keeping it real simple. using high stall disc clutch only setup on a comet steel jackshaft plate(modified) straight back to the rear sprocket. done turning all that extra stuff. to much hp lost when only using a small block engine.
animal would be interesting to build. I see someone now makes a billet head for them. if you where closing(wis) you could run up against me when you get it built....
I'd be down bro...some day we will meet at a track my friend lol time to start tearing her down

Attachments

delray

one thing you will find out that the engine mount may look very basic,but is very strong and the motor will not move at all. I end up moving my motor forward and cutting a notch in the lower tube and welding a piece of angle iron across and having the front mounts/holes in the angle iron and new holes in the engine mount plate. something i like to do because i don't run wheelie bars in my class and more weight in the front help control my take off and my ass has enough rear weight to hook and go. but remember i race on clay only(125ft). pavement might be little different.