Ebay Feedback

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
:eek:fftopic:

I just started selling, and I just got my first bad feedback.:mad:

This really has me angry, and we even offered to 95% of his money back (seller, ebay, and paypal fee's) This guy complained about the throttle shaft being short on the carburetor. The carb is still very usable, and you can clearly see this is the picture before you even bid on it.

He's mad because he wanted to use the OHV throttle linkage on a flathead carb. Which is his own problem. The carbs worked lovely with the flathead throttle linkage. And the add even said used as is!

Sorry but I had to vent.

KB2ROCKET

I have bought way more than I have sold on ebay and so far my feed back is 100% I do whatever I can to keep it that way even if I loose money doing it but sometimes people see things different than you do . the best cure for bad feedback is lots of communication but even then some people are just jerks if I were you I would respond to the feedback with a non attacking explanation that way future buyers can see just who the irresponsible party really is
good luck
P.S. will we be seeing you at that other forum anymore?
Keith

that guy should have turned around and put the carb back up on ebay for sale!!!! thats what i did when i accidentally bought a tillotson carb that went on a 250cc snowmobile hahahaha!!!! and sold it back on ebay and got my money right back!!!

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I have bought way more than I have sold on ebay and so far my feed back is 100% I do whatever I can to keep it that way even if I loose money doing it but sometimes people see things different than you do . the best cure for bad feedback is lots of communication but even then some people are just jerks if I were you I would respond to the feedback with a non attacking explanation that way future buyers can see just who the irresponsible party really is
good luck
P.S. will we be seeing you at that other forum anymore?
Keith
Thanks guys, and KB2 I'm already over there, but I no longer post info. I keep it for these forums, and I have been stealing members. LOL your one of them! BTW I already left him a bad feedback mark, but with an explanation to buyers. I will try that later Jesse, and good one minibikekid.

minidrag.....if guy paid you promptly....you should have left him feedback upon recieving payment. He as a buyer did ALL he could do on his end of the transaction. Any buyer is deserving of feedback at time of payment. Any seller who plays feedblack blackmail should be banned from ebay. Ebay has gone to the dogs with all the scammers and all the rediculous shipping charges, spam, false ads etc. Buyer may have been more happy with his purchase and more understanding if he hadn't paid a high price for shipping that should have been no more than $5.00 bucks. Yes I know the shipping was posted, but still double the cost for shipping is a bit silly isn't it?

and ......no I am not implying your ad was spamming or false with the above statement...it was a generalization of so many ebay ads and how they are being listed

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I didn't black mail him. I give all my ebayer time to check the item out, and I even offer a refund, and my contact number.

Now there is another guy on ebay that asked the question he should have asked. So I took 2 extra pictures, and replied to the guy. I like to only take 2 pictures, but I can offer more on request through email, or you can call me direct.

The shipping wasn't to high. Only $1 and some change higher then it cost. Simply because I ship priority mail 2-3 day, with tracking and insurance. I have a digital scale that I weigh the packages with. But they have zone fee's that vary from state to state. So if someone in Florida buy it. I might have to pay a extra $3-$4. Sure with regular slow ground without tracking info it might cost about $4.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Priortiy mail is $4.05 for a 1 lb package with confirmation and no more than $5.50 fora 2lb package. Insurance is $1.35 per each $50.00 of value. Tracking is NO CHARGE with any online generated shipping label and is NO CHARGE when insurance is purchased via online or at the post office.

Feedback can really stink because all can not be pleased all the time. Just 1 of the things any ebayer has to deal with when selling online. 1 reason face to face transactions can be benificial. Seller, buyers can be seen, items can be looked at, reviewed, and asked about

I didnt mean to make it sound as I was implying you blackmailed him, but in my opinion....once he paid you...he did his end of the transaction and was due feedback. Every buyer of mine gets feedback upon me recieving payment. In my way of thinking and my business ways..........this way is proper and the correct way. I never hold out to see what a buyer is going to say about his ebay win. Technically he has been unjustly given negative feedback because his given feedback is not designed to be a retaliatory group of words based on another feedback, it is designed for the manner of how he (the buyer) handled his end of the purchase which includes his timely payment.

If I buy and a seller doesn't give me feedback....they are guarranteed they will NOT get feedback from me

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I have to pay for tracking, and there is zone rates. But either way I had a $1 and some change left. But it's no big deal for one or two bucks.

This other carb weight 2 onces less then the other. So I posted $10 shipping for it. $1 less then the other one. LOL

This guy really got under my skin. And that usually doesn't happen very often. He wouldn't even take the refund I offered him.

I believe most of the problem comes from the buyer. Most of them don't really know what to look for? Or don't know what questions to ask? Or don't even know what there looking at?

The items I sell I can tell you the history of the item. How long I had it, what is was used on, how good it ran, how it was hook up, and the condition of it.

Remember those "HOT" rockers???
They sell great because there bought by guys that already know exactly what they are. And they already know how hard they are to get. I only had one question because the guy couldn't see the pictures clearly. So I took better pictures. :clown:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Priortiy mail is $4.05 for a 1 lb package with confirmation and no more than $5.50 fora 2lb package. Insurance is $1.35 per each $50.00 of value. Tracking is NO CHARGE with any online generated shipping label and is NO CHARGE when insurance is purchased via online or at the post office.

Feedback can really stink because all can not be pleased all the time. Just 1 of the things any ebayer has to deal with when selling online. 1 reason face to face transactions can be benificial. Seller, buyers can be seen, items can be looked at, reviewed, and asked about

I didnt mean to make it sound as I was implying you blackmailed him, but in my opinion....once he paid you...he did his end of the transaction and was due feedback. Every buyer of mine gets feedback upon me recieving payment. In my way of thinking and my business ways..........this way is proper and the correct way. I never hold out to see what a buyer is going to say about his ebay win. Technically he has been unjustly given negative feedback because his given feedback is not designed to be a retaliatory group of words based on another feedback, it is designed for the manner of how he (the buyer) handled his end of the purchase which includes his timely payment.

If I buy and a seller doesn't give me feedback....they are guarranteed they will NOT get feedback from me
Well I forgot to tell you that the guy called me right after he emailed the question about the model number. He was asking me about carb tuning advice for his Briggs OHV 305 motor. I told him I would help him over the phone when he gets the motor fired up. I had told him on the phone, and on ebay that the carb was for a flathead Blockzilla motor. BUT he doesn't care because he knows it will work.

Now he gets the carb, BUT he can't hook up his OHV throttle linkage. So I told him a way to do it, and I even emailed him another picture so he can see how to do it. So he bolted on the carb, and I told him how to tune it. It ran great! But this is with him throttling the carb by hand, without his brand new paid for E.C. linkage.

Now I didn't hear from him for two days. He called me back, and said that he wanted me to buy him a brand new long shaft from E.C. I told him I can't do that, because the carb was sold as is. He then said that he isn't allowed to run the fabricated throttle linkage I wanted to run in his outlaw kart class. Then he got upset and hung up on me.