Engine!, ideas!, for my roller

well it happened, I told my self one was enough, but I picked up my second mini bike project.:doah:

I got it off ebay I decided to bid on it since no one else was and I had a slight buzz goin on to help grease the wheels. Now that I got it I don't know what direction to go with it I know I want to shorten the forks and the handle bars so they look like they belong on the bike more, and give it more of a drag bike feel since it has a 18x10 slick on the back. but beyond that I'm open to ideas on the engine, trasmision, color or anything else. But the engine gots to be fast the guy who used to own it had a briggs animal engine and a tav2.

WoW Skokryder, That's a nice bike, Harbor freight sells a 13 hp clone, with electric start, that would do you justice on that bike, if it will fit. good luck with it!
dave

well it happened, I told my self one was enough,

Wait til you have ten. Then you'll say "Oh well, Maybe 12-14 wouldn't be too bad." Then when you hit twenty................................ You're hooked. Just make sure you buy plenty of Sta-Bil to keep the gas fresh in all of them:wink:

I hope I don't end up with 10+ but I find myself looking on the web and paper for deals more and more I guess thats how it starts. Well 13hp sounds great but the measurements in the frame only give my 13.5 inches of verticle height, I'm not sure what the dimensions on one of those without the tank, probably to big:sadcrying4:. same with the lifan v twin which would defenitly be bad ass, and give it the right look, but the height on one of those is 18 inches :censure:. as for the 5hp briggs I'v thought about going briggs flathead just because I never messed with one yet just to do something different then a clone, but if I do go ohv I'll probably get the real deal honda gx200, or spend the money on a briggs animal so I don't have to do more work in getting power out(but that's the fun part and I think I can do a better job this time). Still I got lots of time to pull parts together, I tend to do projects like this in the fall/winter right now I got things to do with my job coming up and my truck wants some attention, yard work, boat, life, ect........and find time to ride, I was just getting ideas and opinions, and seeing what ya'll would throw in it before I go a direction with it but Ill be sure to post pic when I'm done.