Excited to fix up my new/old SSSCat II...

Hi all, I am new to this forum and hobby for that matter. I just bought what I am pretty sure is a 1970's Arctic Cat SSS 2. It has all of the original pieces but I am looking for some new decals to put on it! And a couple small replacement parts like the tail light. Any information on my new project would be very appreciated!! Thanks

WOW thats a nice bike man.. :thumbsup: Pretty collectible at that.. You should post pictures of this bike in the (Strictly Vintage USA made original Survivors) thread at the top of the forum.. Are the stickers really that bad? It looks as if the bike needs a good cleaning at worst and keep it's original paint and stuff.. A little better more detailed pictures would help too.. Either way, you got a nice one.. :thumbsup:

Where in Michigan are you?

Thanks! I'm pretty geeked about it. I do think it needs some new stickers...but really not much past that, it's pretty loaded with rust though, I wish it could have that fresh chrome look that it used to. I don't really know much about it yet, and surprisingly couldn't find much either! It must be at least a little rare :smile:.
How can I post better pictures? It made me shrink the image down to nothing. I am from flushing MI, close to Flint.

Thanks! I'm pretty geeked about it. I do think it needs some new stickers...but really not much past that, it's pretty loaded with rust though, I wish it could have that fresh chrome look that it used to. I don't really know much about it yet, and surprisingly couldn't find much either! It must be at least a little rare :smile:.
How can I post better pictures? It made me shrink the image down to nothing. I am from flushing MI, close to Flint.
Theres a couple other guys right up there near you too.. Chrome you can clean up with some really light grit steel wool and a light rubbing action with some kind of WD40 type solution.. That will take rust off pretty well and get ya down to what chrome is left.. Stickers are available.. I've seen SSS Cat stickers Evilbay (ebay) before.. The bike is semi rare but more rare to find such a complete one, and they are very good riding and working little bikes..