finished my 6.5

it goes 25mph, 0-25 very very quick great up hill and through the woods sand and grass how can i get more top speed and still have rocket accelleration :scooter:

When my buddy, bamf bikes passed me on our 7mile paved stretch of mini-legal road, we came to the conclusion that my governor adjustment screw was not backed out as much as his was. We backed it out a little more and I picked up about 5mph more. Check to make sure that your adjustment screw is backed out to an optimum position. Apply the throttle and watch as the throttle arm rotates. It comes to rest against this screw. Back it out a few turns and go ride. Your top end will increase to about 35mph once you get it right.:scooter::thumbsup:

When my buddy, bamf bikes passed me on our 7mile paved stretch of mini-legal road, we came to the conclusion that my governor adjustment screw was not backed out as much as his was. We backed it out a little more and I picked up about 5mph more. Check to make sure that your adjustment screw is backed out to an optimum position. Apply the throttle and watch as the throttle arm rotates. It comes to rest against this screw. Back it out a few turns and go ride. Your top end will increase to about 35mph once you get it right.:scooter::thumbsup:
Is that on the stock motor or on the 6.5

fonz

Trying to do the math here........ with a 12tooth sprocket on the clutch and a 70 tooth sprocket the ratio is about 6 to1. With a 15 inch rear tire, the motor would have to be turning about 4800 rpm to reach 35mph.:scooter: