Florida peeps, some mini racing?

gbabins1

A friend tagged me in this on Facebook. Sounds similar to the Billetproof drags we've been to in Lakeland. Let me know if anyone is interested... my son and I are planning on going and bringing a few bikes. [emoji109][emoji109][emoji110]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Any details on this? Sounds like I need to get my 72 Hustler fixered up and strapped to my 68 Coupe Deville. Not sure what all I would accomplish with a 40 mph mini though lol

florida minibike drag racing league will be there bringing the whole club if possible!! talked to the race promoter today will be running 1/4 and or 1/8 mile depends on what everyone wants to run. got a feeling it will be 1/4 mile. make sure you have a full face helmet leather jacket leather gloves jeans and boots.. please think of what you want to save if you went down.. I have volunteered to manage the minibike class for the day and want to run four classes so everyone will have a place to be competitive. stock class, mod small block, mod big block, open mod. I believe this will be fair and fun. we will be making a lot of runs so bring some fuel and lets get it down the track

gbabins1

Any details on this? Sounds like I need to get my 72 Hustler fixered up and strapped to my 68 Coupe Deville. Not sure what all I would accomplish with a 40 mph mini though lol
Hell we won't be too awful fast either but we've been to a few of these in the past and they're a lot of fun! Never won anything but my son loves beating me... and to be fair, I weigh a bit more than him[emoji16] I can post the details that were posted on Facebook earlier today. Seems pretty basic for the mini's though.
Helmet
Jacket
Gloves
Pants
Goggles

the promoter said that they are going to try and open the gates at 7 am on Saturday to help get everyone set up early so no one has to hurry

gbabins1

the promoter said that they are going to try and open the gates at 7 am on Saturday to help get everyone set up early so no one has to hurry
That sounds good to me. It's a little drive for us but we'll leave a bit early [emoji106]

I'm new to the mini thing. Don't know anyone that has one and never seen any meets or clubs outside of youtube. Should be interesting. Been working hard on my RuppGrade with new Hemi and supporting parts. Hoping to have it sorted by then. Might just bring it out for fun. Hopefully can get more work done on my Land Yacht pile too.

gbabins1

I'm new to the mini thing. Don't know anyone that has one and never seen any meets or clubs outside of youtube. Should be interesting. Been working hard on my RuppGrade with new Hemi and supporting parts. Hoping to have it sorted by then. Might just bring it out for fun. Hopefully can get more work done on my Land Yacht pile too.
Yes you should definitely come check it out. I've only been to a couple of these type of events but they are a blast and hell, looks like you're nearby in Orlando [emoji106] Even if your bikes aren't finished I would recommend it just for the fun if it.

gbabins1

Glad to meet you guys, I would have missed it if you guys didn't post up on here!
Nice meeting you as well! We had fun also, even though we didn't go nearly as fast as we expected and had a few mechanical issues. I did rejet one of the bikes yesterday and it helped quite a bit.
Remember, if you ever want to do a little riding over this way, we have miles and miles of trails. We're not too terribly far from ya.

Greg

gbabins1

was great to meet you guys and race with ya. keep and eye on our face book page for our next local race and come on out
Will do, thought about what you said about the timing... thinking about taking one of our motors and building it. Or try I should say. I did rejet it and made a big difference. I must have used the wrong drill bit, dammit. Thanks for your help. We'll have to do it again!

anytime you need somethin just ask our club helps each other out and has a blast doing it. have a event coming up on the 12th so keep and eye on our facebook page