Found this on Youtube Today !!!!

I see what your saying when a new Briggs Animal is rated at 10hp out of the box.
When you consider that running two synchronized engines 180 degrees apart, you get 1 piston firing every revolution.

65ShelbyClone

It sounds cool. It would sound even cooler if the engines fired 180° apart like the old Honda CL/CB72s and 77s. :wink:

A few concerns, though: the tensioner is on the wrong side of the chain. It should be on the slack side, not the tension side. I also wonder if the engines are phased correctly at 360° apart. That guy will find out either way once he puts a load on it. :scared:

Gibson

I myself never did see advantage of 2 motors no faster 'i dont think' could be wrong, if they were 180 off hmm sound better but never the less kool conception of the imagination.

It actually is bolt on double the torque.. They turn the same speed, but accelerates twice as fast, PLUS gives you more power to make top end speed with from gearing..

Well, I'm inspired.:drinkup:

This is the way I wanted to run my setup.
Direct-drive basically simulates a 2 cylinder engine.

May start looking for materials soon.......

We talked about this already people...a big long thread
Long story short it's been proven to work and work well, but the engine in front has to have a 15 degree lead on the 2 engine other wise there just gonna fight eachother, break chains, shear keys. And all the like.

It sounds cool. It would sound even cooler if the engines fired 180° apart like the old Honda CL/CB72s and 77s. :wink:

A few concerns, though: the tensioner is on the wrong side of the chain. It should be on the slack side, not the tension side. I also wonder if the engines are phased correctly at 360° apart. That guy will find out either way once he puts a load on it. :scared:
it is on the slack side. depends how you look at it really. either way will work on that setup