FOX DOODLEBUG model# 1238

Ok so if this were a Ford forum and i had a 1964.5 Mustang Fast back Which are old and getting harder and harder to find and are pretty much irreplaceable and was doing a resto mod, putting a big block, getting rid of that crappy suspension, nice interior cool paint job making the car better then it was all you would be doing is sitting around bitching and bitching, and first off other then the motor plate what did i cut? I am not looking to sell this mini bike ever so why would i care what i can get for it? I use this mini bike for off road dirt circle track racing and need to make certain mods to make it better. I chose this frame for a few reasons and was to do a resto mod, keeping some things original, improving some, and changing other things to improve my chances of winning and durability. Here is the bike as it sits as of 5 min ago....
To a minibike enthusiast or minibike restorer your minibike is the same thing as a rare mustang! There was talk of stretching the frame 5" and clearly you did not do so! What you did do is reverseable, and you actually fixed the engine plate even if you re-slotted it that is not the end of the world! Pesonally I would have put a swingarm on it and some seat shocks, with a jackshaft to give the swingarm trouble free operation as well as easy gear changing! Thereby not having to cut or weld on the frame at all, IMO you did not ruin it, but to stretch the thing would have done so! I was just saying there are situations in which there are alternatives to cutting a vintage minibike, and it should be avoided if possible! You obviously did not destroy it so no harm no foul! My post was before the current photos and was well intended, I called no names nor did I put you down personally, just expressing my opinion about cutting up vinage stuff! I took a turd and polished it as far as my project goes, and it will be a sweet little machine in a couple of months maybe sooner!

right on... when i first got the frame i was thinking of stretching it out but the more i thought about it i decided to make the axle brackets which is gonna allow me to run a drum break setup from more available space between the tire and frame.

right on... when i first got the frame i was thinking of stretching it out but the more i thought about it i decided to make the axle brackets which is gonna allow me to run a drum break setup from more available space between the tire and frame.
You did the right thing and have a nice little machine to ride and enjoy!

MEZ

good lookin bike man. might be a little more stable if you'd of moved the foot pegs back a little dont ya think? or would your leg hit the blower shroud?

other than that that thing is sweet... keep it up

good lookin bike man. might be a little more stable if you'd of moved the foot pegs back a little dont ya think? or would your leg hit the blower shroud?

other than that that thing is sweet... keep it up
i was actually thinking about moving those pegs toward the back of the motor plate last night but diddnt. Now that you said something i think i might now.