Fox minibike model?

Guess I should have put my post in this area instead of the "Strictly US Vintage" section.
I picked up this Fox mini bike a few months ago. It's a roller, no engine. I am having a bit of trouble figuring out what model it is.
There is no front brake nor a mount on the fork for a brake like the other Foxes I have. There is no provision at the rear of the frame for a taillight or license plate either. Barely visible is the "FOX" logo on the seat. Kinda cool that it lasted.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Loren

Attachments

markus

its a Spoiler, The brochures that came out for 1968 show a chrome tank, but you see them from time to time with the black tanks.....Mine was that way. and while it did not have lights it came factory with a lighted engine and a 2 speed cover/and a strange long snout fairbanks clutch so it was ready to be upgraded!

1700240730257.png

Markus, thank you for the insight. Your Fox Spoiler certainly looks like the one I have. Does yours also not have a taillight?

Loren65GS

Excellent! Now I know for certain the model. The year, not so much as there was no engine with it.
Wonder if the black was a gloss or more of a satin finish.
Now for another question. I have had 2 sets of Fox with wheels that were black. The wheels did not appear to have been spray bombed. I mean these looked like they had been painted before assembly. I dis-assembled the wheels. The hubs were completely painted, no bare spots anywhere. Even under the spokes. The spokes were completely black, no bare spots.
Sooo...., my question is. Did Fox, factory install wheels that were black finished?
Inquiring minds want to know.

So, yesterday I was working around in my shop, putting things away and cleaning up. For some silly reason I thought I would take a look at the inside of the gas tank. I started to remove the gas cap on the Spoiler that is the topic of this thread. The clear plastic top was severely UV deteriorated and just sort of fell apart. So I removed the remains and found that this gas cap says Spoiler on it. Didn't think of looking at the gas cap for a model name. LOL. The inside of the tank looks really in good condition. I decided to go through my Fox parts stash and what did I find but an NOS Spoiler gas cap. Totally forgot about having it.
Wish I had a correct gas cap for the Street Scamp or even a picture of one. I have some thoughts of how to replicate one.
Loren65GS
Fox Spoiler gas cap NOS.jpg Fox Spoiler gas cap.jpg