FOX Thunderbolt 150

Hi,

I have a nice unmolested FOX Thunderbolt 150 Serial # B-0075489 for sale. It has a chrome front fender and yellow tank and rear fender. It's missing the right foot peg, but has the original engine and is in great condition. I am a vintage Go-Kart guy, not necessarily a mini bike collector, but this came along, so I picked it up. I'll take the best offer and hoping to get $400 or so. I'l try and upload a pic. You can reach me @ markcer@ameritech.net and I am in Cleveland, Ohio and can help (drive) with delivery. Thanks. Mark

It is exactly the way I got it. It is missing the outer half of the pulley assembly on the engine, the belt and cover. Jackshaft assembly is all there with chain and all looks in great shape. It has good compression, but I did not put gas in the tank to fire it up because I figured I'd be storing it. I'll take less than the price mentioned. Thanks for asking. It's a pretty cool mini bike.

delray

never seen a fox thunderbolt 150. looks be kind of rare? i wonder if that was built close to when fox was almost done with minibikes. I hope who gets it keeps it all original when restoring it.
you think the motor is still original? that will give it a year when the bike was sold or very close(with in a year):thumbsup:

It does appear to be the original engine. The original bracket for the clutch cover assembly is there and also painted factory black and sure looks like it has never even been unbolted from the engine. It looks to be a Tecumseh 5 Hp. I will certainly get serial numbers off the engine if anyone is interested and maybe that could verify that it is in fact the original engine. It really looks like the engine has never been unbolted from the frame. Thanks for the interest. The chrome on the front fender and wheels is also really nice and would not need rechromed.

A friend of mine has almost the same bike, same colors, decals on the tank, motor, etc. Only difference is yours has a swing arm, and my friends is a hard tail. His is complete, still has the hard to find clutch guard, and he scored it for a hundred bucks, also here in WI. These two are the only ones I've seen, but thats been only in the past two weeks!

Cool bike!

I have what I believe is a Fox frame with swing-arm.

Can anyone tell me why the engine mounting plate is pitched forward at an angle?

How does this affect the oil level & proper lubrication of the engine?

Thanks
~JM~

Cool bike!

I have what I believe is a Fox frame with swing-arm.

Can anyone tell me why the engine mounting plate is pitched forward at an angle?

How does this affect the oil level & proper lubrication of the engine?

Thanks
~JM~

Near as I can tell, it makes it tilty. Glad I could help.