Gas tank for a West Bend 580

Hello Folks:

Just picked up a sweet West Bend 580 for a project but would like a cylindrical steel gas tank that rests on top for that finishing touch. Any suggestions from anyone on where to get one. Thank you.

markus

Hello Folks:

Just picked up a sweet West Bend 580 for a project but would like a cylindrical steel gas tank that rests on top for that finishing touch. Any suggestions from anyone on where to get one. Thank you.
I'll sell mine, it s an original setup with the correct bubble top cap with chromed screw cap, proper orientated fuel outlet on the same side as the cap, really hard to find 90 degree fuel shut off valve that is NOS, original bracket (not repro) and OG straps clean but could use re zinced or chromed. Tank is clean inside and out, painted with single stage urethane automotive paint, not spray bomb. These are expensive when they sell and this one is no different ;)........$300

That certainly is magnificent! You are right, they are expensive! $ 300.00 is not something I am quite ready to spend after spending 600.00 on the motor quite frankly. It is perfect and I will stay in touch if I want to go crazy and buy your perfect example.

markus

no problem, parts for these can really add up! your gonna need to save your pennies for the 9/16" clutch, exhaust pipe, etc.:oops: Good luck with it!

thanks, I hear you. Wanna play the vintage game, it costs to play! Thanks for offering that awesome tank. I am still giving it some consideration.

RadRacer203

I've got an old tank off a 40's Briggs or Clinton or something that looks the part. I can take some measurements on mine and see if it's something you would want. In good shape but needs a coat of paint

RadRacer203

I'll get a picture and some dimensions to you tomorrow when I have a little free time. I'm not sure what I would ask for it, definitely not too much. Maybe somewhere around $40-50 plus shipping?

I actually have one I can use but thank you. I really don't want to spend another 55.00 bucks on this project. The motor was 600.00/clutch was another 100.00 and predator motors are 100.00 and to stage 1 or 2 them another 125.00 and you get that reliability and ease of replacement. Sure it is great to have one vintage motor project, but man do you get dinged for vintage West Bend stuff!

Yeah, pretty much any 2 stroke stuff is crazy. And I'm not form on the price, what would you want to pay? It's about 9 inches long and 4 1/4 inches in diameter. Send me your email and I'll take some pictures. Inside is really nice, and outside is in primer but I left it outside accidentally during a rainstorm so there's some very light surface rust starting to poke through

markus

this complete setup is now sold and heading out to CA. Didn't even have to place an add, thanks OldMiniBikes :cool:

I'll sell mine, it s an original setup with the correct bubble top cap with chromed screw cap, proper orientated fuel outlet on the same side as the cap, really hard to find 90 degree fuel shut off valve that is NOS, original bracket (not repro) and OG straps clean but could use re zinced or chromed. Tank is clean inside and out, painted with single stage urethane automotive paint, not spray bomb. These are expensive when they sell and this one is no different ;)........$300