gen 1 world formula engine?

Anyone familiar with 1st generation Briggs World Formula engine, the one before PVL ignition/ flywheel? This one has steel flywheel and coil like Briggs 5hp Flathead.

Original owner used it for kart road racing. It died when the yellow oil cap came off during a race, blew the oil out, and engine locked up. He thought it was trashed and never tried to rebuild it. I got it disassembled in a box.

I have been working on it off and on for over a year and just about have it going. I only had to replaced the rod, the rest looked OK. It was missing a few nuts and bolts and apparently the wiring that goes from the coil to the on/off switch and rev limiter.

That's my questions: how do you connect the coil to the on/off switch and rev limiter? A pic would be great. If anyone converted an old WF to PVL and saved the old parts, you probably have the wiring I need.

Any comments welcomed.

I race build and briggs animal engines same basic engine as a WF. You can easily convert your WF to the PVL. You need the PVL flywheel and coil. We use the blue PVL coil which has no rev limiter. The small wire lead that comes off the top of the coil needs to hooked through a switch to ground. We have a momentary button on the animal. You just hold it in until the engine cuts off. As a side note if there was any scoring on the crank at all from seizure throw it away. You cannot polish the crank and reuse it. The aluminum from the rod gets embedded into the journal and cannot be removed. A new crankshaft is about $60. It will seize up again. I been there done that. The WF engines make great power too. I have some spare PVL flywheels and coils if you are interested.