Get to the Choppa!!!

image.jpg

Snagged this sweet ride off CL for $100. Bought a 212 Predator to replace what's on there. Front disc and rear drum brakes came on it. Needs an engine plate to mount the engine, and relocation of a few tabs... I'm excited to make this chopper roar.

Cheers!

Lose that hideous tank and you'll gain some serious room, you can then move it forward and up higher. I have one of the lager motorized bicycle tank I'd sell for $40 delivered but I have no cap and you would need to tap the metric outlet threads to standard pipe thread. I've taped a few after having to force and seal an outlet in em, the one they come with will NOT flow enough fuel to feed a 212cc. You may also have to add a jackshaft to align he chain, you will likely have a #25 chain sprocket on that rear wheel so chain size will have to be addressed. I'll be taking photos tomorrow and will get you one of the tank and you can see if it would work for you. There are many tanks out there that would also work well so take your time and find the right stuff. Good luck.

View attachment 75347
The 212 barely fits... And I don't even have the mounting plate in there yet. I may have to relocate the gas tank or buy a new one and mount it elsewhere.

image.jpg

I think I should be able to flip the rear tire, avoiding a Jack Shaft. The mount for the chain tensioner on the right side, will become the mount for the disc brake and the mount for the brake on the left side, will become the chain tensioner. I'll have to get everything on there and see how it lines up, but it should be possible.

image.jpg
Engine mount and jackshaft are welded on.

image.jpg
Exhaust turned out pretty good. Used the exhaust from the little 49cc engine, used 3/4 pipe to joint the flange and exhaust and welded it all together.