Getting rid of clutch sprocket chatter

I74

Just came up with this slick idea for eliminating clutch sprocket chatter, & to help in slowing down wear of the sprocket & drum ''sprocket splines'' & snap ring ect.

Have some of this Ideal ''Pro'' synthetic garage door lube, & was just servicing the clutch to get ready for my Memorial day cruise,, & decided to try some of this stuff with spraying it ''sparingly'' from the ''inboard''' part of the drum ''out'' between the sprocket splines & snap ring.
The stuff goes in semi thin, & then quickly sets up as a really good adhesion thick ''sticky'' grease, that won't sling off. ;)
Couldn't believe how well that stuff just about instantly tightened up the voids. :)

I
4311420_P_.jpg

old shed finds

Just came up with this slick idea for eliminating clutch sprocket chatter, & to help in slowing down wear of the sprocket & drum ''sprocket splines'' & snap ring ect.

Have some of this Ideal ''Pro'' synthetic garage door lube, & was just servicing the clutch to get ready for my Memorial day cruise,, & decided to try some of this stuff with spraying it ''sparingly'' from the ''inboard''' part of the drum ''out'' between the sprocket splines & snap ring.
The stuff goes in semi thin, & then quickly sets up as a really good adhesion thick ''sticky'' grease, that won't sling off. ;)
Couldn't believe how well that stuff just about instantly tightened up the voids. :)

I
View attachment 263180
The best thing for you my friend is go out and spend 74.00 on the Hillard clutch found at Tractor Supply stores.
They perform great and heat don't destroy them.

I74

The best thing for you my friend is go out and spend 74.00 on the Hillard clutch found at Tractor Supply stores.
They perform great and heat don't destroy them.
Might just have to check those out... ;)

If they out last a Max torque SS clutch at least 3 - 1 & perform tons better,, I would say it would be a no brainer,,, & kind of like paying the extra money for a real good quality pair of ''comfortable'' shoes, that would out last 3 lesser pairs,,, & save you money in the long run.

Last edited:

old shed finds

Might just have to check those out... ;)

If they out last a Max torque SS clutch at least 3 - 1 & perform tons better,, I would say it would be a no brainer,,, & kind of like paying the extra money for a real good quality pair of ''comfortable'' shoes, that would out last 3 pairs,,, & save you money in the long run.
Just google them in and see the difference. .
We bought one for my bike then next day bought my son one for his bike 4hrs of hills and both still like new.

Attachments