Got old fox mini bike on trade... no tags

I received what i believe is an old fox minibike. The frame is in excellent condition and it has fox tires on the front and back.

I am assuming its a fox brand but the frame doesnt seem to have any markings.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Attachments

It is a fox Mine is a street scamp and might be a different year as mine has the taillight mount on the rear loop of the frame. The rear swingarm I made as I did not want it to wheelie over.

So street scamp? This is what i was leaniny towards but the front fender has thrown me off... its angled on the front and back of front fender and i havent seen any others with that. Maybe aftermarket?

novadose74

There looks to be no front fender mounts, the only model not to have front fender mounts is the Spoiler. It also has mounts for a front number plate. This is my spoiler. IMG_8275.jpeg

markus

Many Fox "spoke wheel" models like the Street Scamp, Trail Tramp, Trail FX, etc use same frames. The mount on forks can also be used for a headlight instead of number on some models. Attached is a pic of a 1970 Fox Trail FX I rebuilt with same frame.
not the same frame, Condors and Spoilers had their own frames that were configured different, and spoilers had fork lowers unique to them only. Scamps, trails, and campus (FX series) version bikes shared the same frame, in addition to those versions, the "Trail tramp and street scamp" had fork lowers with provisions for front disc brake, so your bike is actually Trail Tramp that is missing brake parts. actually makes it real easy to decipher which model it was originally.

not the same frame, Condors and Spoilers had their own frames that were configured different, and spoilers had fork lowers unique to them only. Scamps, trails, and campus (FX series) version bikes shared the same frame, in addition to those versions, the "Trail tramp and street scamp" had fork lowers with provisions for front disc brake, so your bike is actually Trail Tramp that is missing brake parts. actually makes it real easy to decipher which model it was originally.

So Markus, any idea what i have?

markus

So Markus, any idea what i have?
a Spoiler, like what Novadose posted above. To ad to my info above about deciphering the model, also note that the Condor (shown in the bottom left of this catalog) does not have provisions for the front number plate, like the spoiler did. so that is yet another way to quickly ID a model/version when its far from complete.

IMG_4017.JPG

copyman

Good to know frames are different, most other parts are same on Fox spoke wheel models. As my post stated I knew the Scamp, Trail Tramp & Trail FX all used same frames & parts. Plus the picture OP posted looked like Fox Trail Tramp & Trail FX I rebuilt. Since Fox Parts manual (see attached) covers all the spoke wheel models including the Spoiler I thought they were same.

Attachments