Got pulled over today by the police

Well i'll start the story like this , last spring when doing the first road testing on the super powell we were done for the day and it was sitting on the stand .

About 15 min later got a cop in the driveway , said he had a complaint of a juvenile riding a minibike . Well i said it was me and Jesse and were old .

I ask him if he wanted to check it out and as he walked to the garage he said he had a harley , i then new we were good .
He was amazed with the bike and was there for 25 min's , and said bye and have a nice day .

Ok fast forward to today got the rupp running and took it down the street to the hot rod shop and on the way back was slowing down to turn on my street and a cop turns and comes right at me .

Say to myself oh sh-t and probably gona lose the bike . Well he rolls up window down and ask if i have a registration , i say no just going home , i tell him where and he says thats where i came to before for a minibike .

And i say yes it was and this is my new build and was just testing , he says have a nice day and pulls off .

Guess it was my lucky day that it was the same cool as sh-t officer .

One more thing the rupp rode great with the longer wheel base and new rear shocks , but still got a little stumble passed 6800 i will get it though .

That's great the cop was so cool about it. I'm planning to rupp my self can't wait to start, what size engine you put on yours. And how fast does it top out at. :thumbsup:

Its got a honda 160 on it with a few aftermarket parts . Its also geared pretty high at 8.33 to 1 right now .

She's somewhere in the low 40's at 7000 rpm's . Was only seeing 6600 to 6700 today , got some tuning to do .

Yea i have a retired cop three house's down and his son is a kpd officer , and he lives next door to his father .

Pretty sure they are the ones that called the first time on me and Jesse . We were making 60 mph passes by their house .
But sense then i go the other way down the street .

Yea i have a retired cop three house's down and his son is a kpd officer , and he lives next door to his father .

Pretty sure they are the ones that called the first time on me and Jesse . We were making 60 mph passes by their house .
But sense then i go the other way down the street .
If you were doing 60 MPH passes in front of my house we'd have a big problem.
There is such a thing as decency and respect.
In my opinion that's exactly the kind of thing that makes all minibike owners look like a$$holes!

james c

these guys are standing in my yard, they posed for a pic after learning about my mini bike riding. they said no problem because i was on my own property. little did they know george3 and toycartony were across the road about a mile back in a canyon, on fire roads riding all over the hills! they never got caught!

Well just wow...

:thumbsup:You should get a ribbon or a metal for that !!!

If you don't have lights and turn signals they are authorized to pull you over.

I was never that lucky ...

You and Jessie are my hero's along with Tommy Boy who lives down the street near you... We should start a gang... strs lol - laugh laugh

How pothetic is that. You Wolfs need to calm down - we don't have bail money here on OldMiniBikes to donate to the cause... LOL :thumbsup:

I take my experience from CT, everything is pretty laid back with the minibikes, even though you're really not supposed to ride them on the road, but even then, as long as you're not on a MAIN road, you're pretty much A-OK as long as your bike isn't obnoxiously loud (i.e. straightpiped) or are riding like an ass. Everyone around here putters around on stuff... hell, my neighbors run a golf cart up to the reservoir & back (up the hill about a mile & then there's a good 5mi. of paved area that's really nice).

CT's laws are that you need a driver's license, a seat height of 26'' & 5hp or under... but in all reality, it's a game of look right & they'll look away (Disclaimer: I don't advocate knowingly breaking laws). Mind your own business, be respectful, avoid main roads, & nobody will have a problem with you, nor are they that inclined to press an issue. The one cardinal rule in CT is that you really SHOULD have a driver's license to avoid any real problems. It looks better if you wear a helmet too.

I got stopped on my motorized Huffy one time on RT44 (main road, but the bike was legal to begin with, and I always ride on the shoulder). Apparently, he thought it was really, really cool. Didn't even ask me for my license.

I did technically break the speed limit, (35mph in an area that choked down to 25mph) but he wasn't even concerned with that. :shrug:

Aww...

The main thng that turns on the cherrys and berries is running no headlight or tail light / brake light - uhh you want to be seen and it's comfort if someone sees a brake light come on if your stopping. Use your head you want to see where your going especially if it's starting to get dark and you want to get home so lights will save your happy ass when motorists are in front of you or behind you... Besides all the old school mini's like rupp's had lights and they were LEGAL !!! see the pdf link and you'll see why they were classified to run the streets legally but only with lights they didn't have turn signals but that is what hand signals are for and those hand signals for left turn and right turn and stop are still recognised by the police dept. as legal signals even on motorcycles all across the USA in every state of the union as a universal sign language on what the rider of that bike is about to do while riding down the road...

Here is a pdf of Rupp showing customers that they can ride their bikes on the road using what they had to offer for customer saftey and road use...

Mini bikes were legal back in the 1960's so don't let no cop tell you different...
as long as your sled is lit up with a head light and a brake light at least so these are a plus if your riding around and if the man sees your sled and he'll leave you alone if he see's your riding safe with the minimum lighting equipment... period...

Check out the link it shows these old bikes were made for the road back then no doubt about it because I bought one back then and got no static from the law back then either. This bike was built to be legal back then for kids and adults and probably so was so many other mini's that had lights to make them legal also too... Uhh all bikes should have lights huh... for saftys sake right ??? I mean if you lock up your bike and I'm behind you I want to see your brake light so I won't run over your happy ass... Catch the drift there :facepalm:

http://www.parkinlube.com/pdfs/Rupp Continental Custom Special Econo-Cycle Brochure.pdf

It is written - therefore it shall be done and therefore will be set in stone ... :bowdown:

I got pulled over by the fuz also the he asked me for my license insurance and registration I just played dumb it was the day I got my manco delta one chopper then before he told me that he is going to tow it next time he asked me if it was a manco chopper and told me that the carb was not stock and about how he used to fix them needless to say that was a unusual day and off I went with my walk of shame:biggrin:

:thumbsup:You should get a ribbon or a metal for that !!!

If you don't have lights and turn signals they are authorized to pull you over.

I was never that lucky ...

You and Jessie are my hero's along with Tommy Boy who lives down the street near you... We should start a gang... strs lol - laugh laugh

How pothetic is that. You Wolfs need to calm down - we don't have bail money here on OldMiniBikes to donate to the cause... LOL :thumbsup:
The first sentence is so right but just doesn't seem to happen with us.:shrug:

And sounds like you know Tommy D , he comes over sometimes and we ride the around the house and go down to our buddy Craig's the hot rod builder .

It really depends upon where you live. The cops in Knoxville are pretty nice, or at least they were 20 years ago, when I had to get one of my son's from their jail.

Around here, the neighbors just laugh and wave when I go screaming by at 20 MPH. They're happy the neighbor and I aren't doing MOPAR burnouts on the newly resurfaced track. Er, I mean street.

toomanytoys

My little town rarely sees a cop. Most of the old people in town are used to my antics as I really haven't changed from a 5 year old boy riding around on my manco streaker to a 30 year old "man" riding around on other powered toys.

At my new house I've already had words with the old hen next door about us riding on our property. She called the cops on us for riding around our lot. The cops showed up and asked us what we were doing. And I stated riding on my property. He said well nothing wrong with that. Have fun. Got in his car and left.