Great auction last night!

I won! Yipeeeee!
I was told the auction had a minibike, so I went. They did not have a minibike. They had "FIVE"! Minibikes in a lot.
One doodlebug three MiniBaja's and two I have not unloaded out of the van yet!

These are not even what I collect. Living in the desert. I ride on dirt roads. So I like the vintage Trail Scooters. Guess I willl sell them on Craigs List.

Bullhead!

Thanks! TomH
Three are the Doodle Bug DB30's and two are the Doodle Bug 30's. They are all almost new. The only thing I can find wrong. It a missing gas cap and one has a tear on the side of the seat.
That's it!

I just looked at a CL ad. From Orange County,Calif. has some for sale. He's asking $240 each. The price tags on these states. $399.99 on sale.

If anyone interested in four of them. I am listening!

Bullhead!

TomH

Heck yeah. Stick a predator on one of those DB30's. Doesn't take much, slot the plate, a clutch and a bit of chain work and they are a blast. I have two of them myself, one with a clone and another I am putting a 3.5 Tec on. The 2.8 motor is a little small for adult riders. Sell the rest. They aren't making the DB30 anymore if you didn't know, the mini baja they are still making I think.

We are a little confused. All of the bikes say DB30 on them.
Is the traditional frame the older model?
Baja web side shows a lime green and yellow minibike that are identical to my red ones. And then they show the bent frame one as a Doodle Bug DB30. Printed on the side of the seat.
Bullhead

TomH

Yeah the ones in the front are the older model, more square looking. Easier to put a bigger engine on like a harbour freight predator 212cc engine. Looks like they are on sale again for $119. With a 20% off coupon, you can pick up one for around 100 bucks if you are interested in doing that. The older style DB 30 is a little easier to re-motor using the predator. You have to either bend or cut off the rear bar on the newer style. Also the muffler and the air filter housing hits the top bar on the new ones, so you have to deal with that.

Predator 212 cc OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine - Certified for All States Except California

My wife rode one of the Doodle Bug's. When she got back. She rolled it into her hobby room. And is now looking for pink paint. To match her helmet.

Then my hot rod shop buddy came over. Now he's one the way home with one.

Now I am down to three Doodle Bugs!

Vegas is two hours away. I will stop at Harbor Frieght and pick up a couple of those engines.

Like your new Avatar TOMH!

Bullhead

TomH

you can coax a little more power out of those little engines. You got either a light wife or real level ground around there.:shrug: My wife is 140 and I live on a hill no go uphill. Look at the throttle, specifically the little black screw for the throttle stop. Back it out all the way if it isn't. Also check to see that all the slack in the throttle cable hookup is out. Twist the throttle and make sure you are getting all you can get. Change out the spark plug. Even though it is new the plug is junk. You put that predator on one and watch out the first time you ride it. If you crack the throttle like that 2.8, you will be looking up at the sky.:laugh: Same thing on the plug, mine went bad after a couple of hours.