Great Find!

New member here. And I am glad i found this place! I have owned and mini bike for about a 6 months now. I have the GPSports rascal, with a 212 powerhorse form Northern Tool. Just got it back from powder coat and have been putting it back together the last few days. Will be asking allot of noob type questions in the coming days weeks, im sure. But i am already thinking about my next build, is that normal?

Lizardking

New member here. And I am glad i found this place! I have owned and mini bike for about a 6 months now. I have the GPSports rascal, with a 212 powerhorse form Northern Tool. Just got it back from powder coat and have been putting it back together the last few days. Will be asking allot of noob type questions in the coming days weeks, im sure. But i am already thinking about my next build, is that normal?
Lol........ I'm afraid the bug bit you hard and buying Mini bikes is the only way to get some relief!!!!! You're in the rabbit hole now!! Wait till you see the vintage bikes!!

Welcome to the oldminibikes.com show!!!! Enjoy!!

DaddyJohn

I can weld through 1/8 with a Hobart 140 using flux wire. I can see melting on the back of 3/16.
For mini bike and go kart/ lawnmower work, you will never need a 220 welder.

Now, compressors...that might be different.
I use gas on mine, and have never had an issue in terms of how thick a material I can weld (in terms of the kind of things I do with it). I’m strictly doing minibike/motorcycle stuff, riding mower and household repair, light fabrication, etc. Not building equipment trailers or anything, lol. That said, you could probably do acceptable work on heavier material with beveling and multiple passes in a pinch.