Greetings from New Brunswick, Canada

Hi, I'm new here and kind of new to mini bikes as I haven't ridden one in many, many years. However, I got the bug again and in the last 2 months I have bought a 6 month old blue Tao Tao minibike(still had plastic wrap on seat), with a Canadian Predator 200cc GX200 clone and a custom exhaust and muffler. I'm changing to heavy duty valve springs, removing the governor, adding a cone airfilter and adapter and a 3910X Autolite plug, changing the tractor looking tires to knobbies and adding a special additive to the oil and gas for higher performance. I'm just waiting on the new tires and air filter from OldMiniBikes and it going in for the refitting as I have never torn down a small 4 stroke engine before, but I don't want to start on something I haven't ridden yet, just in case I screw up. BTW, anyone got experience in using high octane fuel in these Predator engines? i'm thinking of using a modified, part alcohol fuel with an octane of about 97-98, mixed with a fuel system lubricant to prevent damage. I have used this stuff on 2 cycle motorcycles and they freaking fly!

I'm also just starting the process of putting together an Azusa kit with 8 inch wheels, and another Predator engine, with all the above mods, upgraded cone airfilter and a Taco 60 tooth rear sprocket. Right now I'm tearing down the Predator and changing out the plug, getting it ready for the upgrades and after getting the Tao Tao finished, I will take this in and get the kickstand welded on by someone who knows what they are doing, because for some reason, I just can't see how it supposed to fit without the spring rubbing the frame, but that's just my inexperience with this type of mini bike. BTW, if anyone can show me a picture of the bracket welded on their frame, I would really appreciate it. I suck at this type of thing when I have no indicator or instructions at all to follow and can't find a decent picture online yet. No photos yet, but will have soon.

Mini bike scene, at least in Ontario and eastern Canada seems predominantly Tao Tao and Lifan Chinese bikes. No real custom market here and no American bikes, mainly because they are illegal to import in kit form without a serial number and certificate of authenticity according to Transport Canada. So the only ones we can buy are from China. I imported my kit in 2 parts, a frame and then the "rebuild kit" with the rest of the parts to avoid problems. Its more expensive that way, but not if you compare the cost of entering a vehicle into Canada, because a vehicle in kit form is still a vehicle and thats an expensive thing to do for something only costing about 500 bucks Canadian.

That's about all regarding my mini bike situation, as for my user name, I'm a big RC Drift fan, have about 16 highly modified cars for various types of drifting. I love drifting, and its much cheaper and less painful to do it with RC than with a real car.

Glad to be hear, and look forward to seeing some kick ass bikes from you guys. I could use some inspiration before I get really going on this kit.

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome!, I'm from Saint John, NB, although originally from Mississauga, Ontario. Oh, I figured out the kick stand issue by taking the angle off my TaoTao and just measuring it out that way. Now I just have to go get it welded. Next issue is trying to mount the 10 inch round aluminum tank to my Predator engine. The mounting bracket I got from GoKartsUSA looks like it requires grinding down the front mounting points until they are level to accept the bracket. Here we go again, LOL. Just picked up the rebuild parts from Maine today, so my TaoTao is going into the mechanic for upgrades and new tires because our water tank just blew up and our house flooded so I don't have anywhere to work on things while they are rebuilding it.
Will post pics as things get finished;-)
Cheers