GT-18 Boonie sprocket???

Hey all, been a few years since I have been on here. I picked up a GT-18, very nice original condition except for the 2-speed setup. I am going to restore with a Comet setup and a clone engine, as we drive our minis. The original rear sprocket is in poor shape. I pulled it, did some measuring and found out there isn't anything out there like it. The 5" brake setup seems to be the big issue. I have seen a pic or 2 of one with a bolted on sprocket, so apparently someone has figured something out. This is all I need to go forward with it. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bubba

PS, I already have the front forks repaired :)

Attachments

Both of those are basically the same thing. The Boonie has a 6 bolt pattern instead of the 4 bolt. Actually only bolts to the hub with 3 bolts in a triangular pattern. That 4 bolt wont be a direct swap.

Leathernun666 has a Boonie with a bolt on sprocket. I sent him a message but I dont think it went though, maybe because I havent been here in a long time. This is his bike, notice the sprocket? boonie 2.jpg

Hey all, been a few years since I have been on here. I picked up a GT-18, very nice original condition except for the 2-speed setup. I am going to restore with a Comet setup and a clone engine, as we drive our minis. The original rear sprocket is in poor shape. I pulled it, did some measuring and found out there isn't anything out there like it. The 5" brake setup seems to be the big issue. I have seen a pic or 2 of one with a bolted on sprocket, so apparently someone has figured something out. This is all I need to go forward with it. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bubba

PS, I already have the front forks repaired :)
I have a real nice used one for ya if you are interested... send me a PM...

Here's the first updated pic. I have some brake and sprocket pieces ordered, also did put a bid on that OEM piece as well. Got the engine and clutch all settled in place and repaired the front tubes and foot rest. Shouldnt be too long for a first test ride I hope. DSC01223.JPG

Boy this thing runs pretty dang fast. I bought one of the cheaper clutch setups just so it had some nice looking pieces on it. A little bit more work and it will be ready to tear down and paint. Not how I am going to keep the brakes, but I'll redo it a little. Getting excited now that it runs. DSC01256.JPG DSC01255.JPG

I live close to Allied Leisure and just went over picked up one of their NOS Ruttman/Bendix hubs for my Boonie. Had to cut out the inside center spacer and the 2 nuts tacked on over 2 of the mounting holes (also on the inside) and it went right together with the original hub/sprocket. I could have drilled one of the frame axle bracket holes larger and kept the welded nuts on the brake hub, but I didn't want to modify the original hub mounting holes in the frame. Now I need to figure out what the best way to connect the brake cable is, that was missing when I got it. I used that hub because it looked more like the original than the Azusa hub I've seen for sale, and the price was good.