H50 Carb tuning question?

Hi folks, first post!

I have what seems like a Rupp TT500? with a Tec H50 in it.

I pulled the carb apart and cleaned it.

the carb on it has the bottom main screw, and the side idle mix adjust.

I'd like to get this running RIGHT, as its a bit rich now, and seems to lose power periodically, pops, changes RPM at full throttle etc.

any suggestions would be helpful, if ya can

Start with 1 turn out on the side, and 1 1/2 turns on the bottom. Then ride it if it still is popping, just give the bottom another 1/4 turn out. Andkeep doing that untill it runs good!

Josh, thanks so much.
the 1 turn out on the side was perfect, the main I still have to adjust perfect, iu'm still getting the occasional pop.

however, i'm wondering if my carb float is too low, I feel i'm not getting a steady gas feed...when riding, the engine seems to drastically lower power output, and seems to miss for several revolutions then catch again.

I know i'm getting good gas feed from the tank, but the engine power is not steady, it fluctuates wildly.

may have to see the local lawnmower engine guy or something.

thanks!

The high speed screw (at the bottom of the bowl) needs to be adjusted at higher RPM. Adjust both screws both ways until they sputter then find the middle. (sweet spot)

Also if you take it out your high speed nut at the bowl you will see two small holes on the side , one is real small. clean both with a strand of copper speaker wire and blast out. Float should be about level with the carb body. (11/64")

It also could be dirty points, or plug. No need to take the motor to a shop. Once you learn it, its real easy to tune a Tecumseh. :thumbsup:

Also if you take it out your high speed nut at the bowl you will see two small holes on the side , one is real small. clean both with a strand of copper speaker wire and blast out. Float should be about level with the carb body. (11/64")
pulled the needle and nut from the bottom, and there is only one small hole on the nut, no others.
visible hole is clear

maybe this is the issue with my low power problem?

argh, I can work on my Suzuki MC ok, but this thing is a PITA:thumbdown:

ok, yes, the upper IS there, had to use a magnifying glass, but its there and open.

tried, 1/4 open further, and closed, no big difference.

its like something is holding the engine back.

theres no governor attached to to the carb, but it appears the stuff is still inside.

choke is definitely OFF... I have to use it to start it, but once its running, I turn it off.