Has anyone seen one of these brake setups

Ive seen 2 on ebay and were gone in seconds..Does anyone know where to buy them online?
Its a brake band setup for clutch brakes..well you know that..

well i guess i'll have to give it a try..It doesnt seen to have the room on my american for brakes on the rear wheel and im not going to put a scub on it.

That looks like it will work, the bolt should be very close to the clutch, it's the anchore for the band, you'll be grabbing the botom of the band with the cable, the washers are to center the band on the clutch, don't forget to add a spring, between the anchores, to assist in opening the band back up after it is compressed, make sure it works right before you start the engine, by turning engine by hand, if you start the engine, before checking it you maybe back to waiting on parts, everything should be adjusted close to the clutch, the slightest squeeze on the brake leaver should activate brake, too much slop in the band has a bad effect on the band, and could lead to replacement.
dave

Thanks dave for the info
I was just in contact with valley farms and he is checking inventory..I am going to purchase the other one in the meantime. Cheeper to go this route..vally wants 33 shipped for a bolt and ferrule attached...Those are free in the parts bins in the garage...
So you dont want drag and not any slop either.I am guessing if its not right the band or the clutch gets too hot and burns up right?
Does the heat from braking cause the clutch to burn up quickly or is that not an issue?

That too rudy, but if there's alot of slop sometimes the band seems to want to follow the clutch, and the band ends up all twisted up, just repaired a go-cart, twisted like that with a clutch brake, they've been running the thing for over a month now, and haven't heard any problems back yet, too bad they didn't put a brake drum and band on the other rear wheel, it would of stopped alot better. Also if theres too much slop when you squeeze the hand lever it will go all the way to the handle bar, not good!
The band should ideally open up with the clutch centered, none of the pad should be touching the clutch when the brake is not activated, as that would wear and over heat the band, you should try the brake several times on the bench, to make sure they can repeat proper operation, before you sit in the seat of your mini, fire it up hit top speed, come to an intersection, go for the brakes, hear something ping across the street, realize you have no brakes, look up to see a, just ask Bullethead about bad brakes.
dave

We have been riding it all day and now my wife's pissed that my 10yo has nothing left on his shoes..I think tommorrow they will catch fire...I can't get him off it...He's hooked...Just told him to stay off the freeway...well for now..
Also just sent paypal for the setup through valley farms and should with luck be here fri..sat..I got the band also..

Mac

Just thought I'd mention( in case someone is "listening in") that there are a few different size bands. The most common one for the clutch is a 4".

Azusa has one where the lining is separated into two pieces that I haven't had much luck with(Just like all the other Azusa junk). A single lining like Manco uses works the best for me.

Speedbob,
Hopefully you and your 10 year old can have a great time with your new found fun, remember that sometimes kids that young, still haven't quite grasped the meaning of yes and no, so if I may make a suggestion. Please, at all times when your not at home, make sure that the young one can't go behind your back, and sneak a ride on his or her own, I know most kids would never try that, ( YEAH RIGHT ! ), but please make sure you lock that mini up, and I don't mean locked in the garage, I mean locked with a chain and padlock. See now that I know mini's can talk, everytime I go to the scrapyard, I don't even need to look for them now, they scream for my rescue, and knowing that I must warn all those dads that think Johnie's old enuff to handle the bike now, that those mini's have a way talking young Johnie into things that he may not ever do, like taking the mini on a ride when dad ain't around, you know to show his friends, and maybe give their buddies a ride, the story is never the same.but the result usually is.
Kids should never be able to have total access to that bike, with no adult supervision, sometimes things get out of hand and kids get hurt. Dad should always lock the bike when he's not at home.
Awhile back I ran into a mini that had a sad story to tell, dad was so mad at this particular bike that he stabbed both tires, cut the starter rope, cut the chain, ripped the poor mini's throttle cable right off the carb, and cut a chunk of fuel line out, clearly ment to disable the bike. I never really asked the dad what happened, he didn't seem to want to talk about it too much, as he sold the bike to me like that for $40.00, he said "I just want to be rid of the damned thing!!", I could tell there was a story there but didn't want to pry.
dave

Thank you for your concerns Dave. We have 3 bikes and a quad ..My youngest kyle (10) Has been riding everything with wheels ever sense he was 2. He is a natural on his honda 80... well pretty much anything with wheels..He takes after me. Fearless to a degree of insanity. My oldest boy takes after his mom..most of the time.
I love both my boys and let them take there own direction..The boys know that you have to dust yourself off and keep going...Jakes a bit more conservative..Unless its on our 750 jetski..Amazing on water..
I do understand what you are saying but i have also taught my boys to respect machines..Having the fun is only a part of the big picture.
Kyle said it best at 9yo..We were at the bmx track down in everett and he decided to make the big double and crashed soooo hard..Everyone there seen it..The whole place went ooohnoooo..cracked his redline in half...After a minute of extreme pain he looked up at me and said im ok i think..It only hurts once dad....
Thank god my boys haven't yet broken anything..lots of bad bumps and bruises.
We try to keep the hospital bills from over lapping and we all have alot of fun..We have alot of toys and the mini's are just to pass the pause between..They are a different kind of fun, but it will keep em' outside..Life happends outside.