Headlight/Battery and battery charger mounting

I have a 6.5 clone, would like to install headlight and a battery from walmart with a 100 watt bulb but not sure if 6 volt or 12 volt is necessary and how would I re- charge the battery conveniently?

oldsledz

I think 12 volt will be easiest to find. I would look in to LED lights.

not sure about charging other than to plug it in when you are not riding.

I think 12 volt will be easiest to find. I would look in to LED lights.

not sure about charging other than to plug it in when you are not riding.
Hi, how would I recharge, is there a certain type of pug in adapter that can plug into the battery? What keeps it from overcharging?

you are talking about a garden tractor or motorcycle battery right?

if you are just buy a small charger for a car.
Yes, A motorcycle battery, I guess 12 volt for 100 watt bulb unless led could be put in its place then 6 volt?

do they have safety shut off on regular chargers if left overnight?

delray

better off trying to fab a sealed battery with a headlight that takes a 1156 or 1157 bulb socket and use leds that have been fab to that type of socket. now making them that will hold up to 63 leds in one socket unit.

run for hours and hours with out draining the battery.

100 watt light would drain even a motorcycle battery down, without a charging systems and a charging system on a clone engine would need a flywheel and lighted coil unit and a reg-unit of some kind and that would add up to one big headace and $$$ if you really don't have a clue.:no::blink::shrug:

better off trying to fab a sealed battery with a headlight that takes a 1156 or 1157 bulb socket and use leds that have been fab to that type of socket. now making them that will hold up to 63 leds in one socket unit.

run for hours and hours with out draining the battery.

100 watt light would drain even a motorcycle battery down, without a charging systems and a charging system on a clone engine would need a flywheel and lighted coil unit and a reg-unit of some kind and that would add up to one big headace and $$$ if you really don't have a clue.:no::blink::shrug:
Where do they sell the leds with standard socket set up like in your pic?

Does the battery have a charger that comes with it? what type of battery 6 or 12?

delray

i found the battery at a local battery store and the charger i had laying around that was for the kids toy that didn't work anymore.(battery stores do carry them). the leds/ bulb on ebay and the headlight on ebay too and then modified it with a 1156 bulb socket that i puchase from a local automotive store. and yes it's a12v:thumbsup: with the 63 leds reflecting off the inside of the headlight, it really lights up a good 30ft+ in front of you. 63 leds will probable only fit the larger headlights. for example: bicycle headlight won't work,just to small. they are some headlights that are setup already for a 1156/1157 socket. just need to look around first.:thumbsup: