Heald Super Bronc 8ph

thanks for the suggestions. My 3 amp AC coil is this one #610981, it has the green, red, and black wires. I can't find in any Tecumseh manuals, what each of them are for. Anyone know? On the rectifier board, red wire goes to the output (after the fuse) and the green is connected to the kill switch (this is the wire nut in the pic) and the black is connected to the center of the board. Which i don't think is actually going anywhere from there. As suggested I might bypass this and run straight to the battery, preferable like to hook up the battery for charging. As mentioned if i can get away with a modern rectifier/regulator in one, even better.

Attachments

Black and red are your AC output from the engine, they tie into each diode on the input of the panel. (older engines these are both yellow).
Green is engine ground. (middle screw, on the left between diodes. Output of your fuse (6amp) is 12V DC (unregulated). Diodes are all over ebay and other sources. You can get electronic rectifiers and a add on voltage regulator, but it really isn't necessary.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=tecumseh+diode&_sacat=0