Heald Super Bronc 8ph

I'm not sure if it has the billet parts, I doubt it. I'm sure the governor is not hooked up. There is a small lever on the back side of the engine cover, not sure what it is. I can get a pic tomorrow.

Where can I get the correct carb and governor for it?
Hey Nick. I've got to check my notes, for what I used on mine.

There are many hm-80 oem carburetors, but there is one specific model number that is the original type that came on these hm-80's on Super Broncs.

I'll look for it this weekend.

Hey Nick. I've got to check my notes, for what I used on mine.

There are many hm-80 oem carburetors, but there is one specific model number that is the original type that came on these hm-80's on Super Broncs.

I'll look for it this weekend.
Hey @Nick Felt , I found it...

Tecumseh 632199 / 632402

One of those numbers was the original oem number, and the other superseded the oem. I don't recall which was which, but they both are for the same carburetor.

Thanks. I'm also trying to figure out what parts I need for the governor, not sure if you can help me with that as well. The couple of pics I put in here shows I have some of the parts and missing some, I know I'm missing the linkage from the governor and back to the carb, I'm not sure what else I might be missing or what year my engine is. Maybe a 91, the first part of the serial # is 913?D.

Triley41395

Thanks. I'm also trying to figure out what parts I need for the governor, not sure if you can help me with that as well. The couple of pics I put in here shows I have some of the parts and missing some, I know I'm missing the linkage from the governor and back to the carb, I'm not sure what else I might be missing or what year my engine is. Maybe a 91, the first part of the serial # is 913?D.
Don't know if any of these will help you but they came from a late 70's tecumseh mechanic manual. Not sure which pictures would apply to your exact engine. 20240203_080146.jpg 20240203_080154.jpg 20240203_080221.jpg 20240203_080018.jpg 20240203_080200.jpg

Did the headlight power right off the stator wiring or is there a AC to DC converter that should be on the bike?
Well I just looked at your pics and you have a fuse box on the side .
There is no key switch. It also does not look like it has the original spot on the side of the bike for the key switch. Maybe the fuse box was an add on?
That is not a fuse box, it's a Rectifier panel. Depending on the age of the engine, it could be factory. Although looks like someone was into it.
Everything you need to know is right here:
http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com...cumseh_L-Head_Engines_Service_Information.pdf

I will take, and post, a picture of the governor linkage on my Super Broncs' hm-80.

I will take, and post, a picture of the governor linkage on my Super Broncs' hm-80.

At least that will show the external governor components.

I do see in my notes, a 36710 extension spring, and 36711 governor link...but I do not know for sure what they are.

Will I stand corrected. Mark G is correct. What I thought was a fuse box is a rectifier. It has diodes that are directional and oriented to pick up one half of the AC sine wane which changes the output to direct current. This can then power 12 volt lights and accessories plus charge the battery. Thanks Mark G for the correction. 72 and I can still learn something new. Problem is I forget it by Tomorrow.

I want to thank everyone for the help. I'm going to order a carb, intake, and governor parts. I can't find the correct part number for the intake manifold on any of the parts diagrams, my engine is HM-80-155174E, is this the correct part number 34707 intake pipe?

I'm sure i'll be asking for some help in getting the correct governor parts, as i think some of those are discontinued as well.

Can you post a good picture of what you do have? Maybe some of us have the parts you need. We probably don't know the part numbers, either, but we can look at pictures and see if our parts will work for you.

Can you post a good picture of what you do have? Maybe some of us have the parts you need. We probably don't know the part numbers, either, but we can look at pictures and see if our parts will work for you.
Thanks, i don't have much for parts, i only have a few of the governor parts, shown in the two pics, the other is the type I have. I need all the linkage parts for sure, carb and manifold. The bike currently has a slide carb on it, I may also need a new throttle cable, depending on how it hooks up to the stock carb. If anyone has a used carb, I'm fine with that as long is there is a good rebuild kit for it. New is easier to deal with.

Attachments

Thanks, i don't have much for parts, i only have a few of the governor parts, shown in the two pics, the other is the type I have. I need all the linkage parts for sure, carb and manifold. The bike currently has a slide carb on it, I may also need a new throttle cable, depending on how it hooks up to the stock carb. If anyone has a used carb, I'm fine with that as long is there is a good rebuild kit for it. New is easier to deal with.
Doing some more searching, it looks as I need carb, air filter, and the circled parts for the governor linkage. My lower arm that is shown in this picture has 3 arms instead of 2. Not sure if that will make a difference. If anyone has any of these parts, please let me know.

Attachments

I've been making some progress on figuring everything out. Next i'm trying to figure out what diodes I need. I know I have the 3amp AC coil. If that makes any difference. I can't find any info online on the diodes. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

I've been making some progress on figuring everything out. Next i'm trying to figure out what diodes I need. I know I have the 3amp AC coil. If that makes any difference. I can't find any info online on the diodes. Any help would be appreciated.
@chatten63 maybe Rick will see this, and chime in.

If he doesn't know, I'm sure he would know someone who does.

chrisr

The 3 amp AC will work great for lights but not good for charging. Unless you add a regulator to control the charge on the battery and the diodes to make it DC on your current setup, a battery tender on it when not using it will keep your battery ready to go when you need it with a lot less grief. Just a thought - same thing I do for my stuff with a similar setup.