Hello, first post. Mega Moto 80/mods?

Hello
My twil girls graduated from their electric power wheel car to a pair of Mega Moto 80 minibikes about a year ago.
I know these things are slow but that was ideal at the time.
I may eventually do the predator engine upgrade but are there any proven mods to get more power out of the existing engine for now?
Most of the tips I see on youtube don't seem to do much.
I don't know if this engine would gain much from carb/exhaust mods.

Hello
My twil girls graduated from their electric power wheel car to a pair of Mega Moto 80 minibikes about a year ago.
I know these things are slow but that was ideal at the time.
I may eventually do the predator engine upgrade but are there any proven mods to get more power out of the existing engine for now?
Most of the tips I see on youtube don't seem to do much.
I don't know if this engine would gain much from carb/exhaust mods.

welcome and sadly I think you will have to experiment on your own. if you have the skills and tools, fab up a open air filter, exhaust header and muffler, drill jet open slightly to give it more gas and maybe advance the flywheel key 4 deg or so. maybe shave the head for compression a little bit. I doubt you get much more then 1 hp from those combined but might make em a little peppier. I am told the 79cc harbor freight motors are noticeably stronger then the original 79cc engines they come with. sad part is by the time you do all that, you could have just stuck a 212 on it. you can always limit the throttle on the 212 until they are older to handle all the power.

welcome and sadly I think you will have to experiment on your own. if you have the skills and tools, fab up a open air filter, exhaust header and muffler, drill jet open slightly to give it more gas and maybe advance the flywheel key 4 deg or so. maybe shave the head for compression a little bit. I doubt you get much more then 1 hp from those combined but might make em a little peppier. I am told the 79cc harbor freight motors are noticeably stronger then the original 79cc engines they come with. sad part is by the time you do all that, you could have just stuck a 212 on it. you can always limit the throttle on the 212 until they are older to handle all the power.
Thank you for the input.
Yes,that was what i was afraid of.
I haven't found any definitive proof that the original 79cc engine responds much to modifications.
In that case I'll start prepping for 212 engine swaps.

We got my wife a Moto 80 this summer. She liked the body style compared to all the other available options and fit her good at 5'2" tall. We were fortunate to pick this up unexpectedly at a rural central IL Wal-Mart in the clearance section for $150. The low price I paid allowed me the money to install a Predator 212 on her one week old bike and feel like we hit the jackpot. To me it was very clear during the one hour we ran the 79cc that it wasn't going to be powerful enough. It struggled up hills with a rolling start. From a dead stop forget about it. There are very few mods for a reason. Obviously the simple bolt on mods will send you in the right direction but I feel like you'll still feel like it's not enough power. Just now you've spent money you could've put towards an engine that will satisfy you. I have a 2015 Camaro V6, 6 speed manual, 323 horsepower. Don't get me wrong it's quick. Faster than most cars. But I want more displacement. The V6 Camaros feels extremely quick at high rpms, but how often do I really wind out the gears? The SS, with the larger motor, feels much faster and satisfying just accelerating to the speed limit. The Moto 80 can move decently but it's at the higher speeds you see less often. I'm not just trying to talk you into a Predator swap because it's a guaranteed way to get what you want, but several times I've put money in the wrong cars thinking that bolt on mods will make it equal to or better than the model I couldn't afford. Torque is what makes things fun. You'll never get the torque out of the 79cc motor. A 79cc motor with equal horsepower to a Predator 212 would probably have much less torque, not feel as fast as a Predator, and cost 5 times the 212 swap. Like previously posted, a Moto 80 with a 212 is dangerous. Fortunately my wife and I have not "lost" it yet but my buddy has. We have to try pretty hard to not wheelie. My buddy underestimated the power and actually tried to wheelie. The bike skidded across the parking lot on it's side for 20 feet like it was on ice. Sorry for the car analogies. I'm not extremely experienced with mini bikes and speed but I have had several different types of cars that I'd race at the quarter mile track, do mods, see the gains the following weekend. The fundamentals of a vehicle powered by a gasoline engine remain the same. Personally I always got better gains by starting with gearing rather than intake and exhaust. Unfortunately the Moto 80 already has a large rear sprocket. Take care and good luck.