Help with I.D.

It has Manco Wheels. At first thought I was thinking MTD but I don't think.
Welcome to OldMiniBikes!
I thought those wheels were K&S ... Am I wrong?? ... That bike favors a K&S Hornet that someone bent the frame to fit the Briggs

Last edited:
I thought those wheels were K&S ... Am I wrong?? ... That bike favors a K&S Hornet that someone bent the frame to fit the Briggs
Manco made them, as well as alot of other parts for other manufactures. But the manco wheel was used on everything from Manco to Arctic Cats, CCS and who knows what else.

Thanks to all for the replys! I plan on some mods to the frame (add a seat. move the pegs, mini apes, add rear brakes, and rake the front) and I wanted to be sure that I am not messing up a vintage frame.

The rear axle mount welds match the rest of the frame but the adjuster is homemade (bolt welded to a thick washer). It's hard to tell if the frame has been modified. The guy I got it from was told it dates from the 70's (?).

It looks nothing like a Bonanza chopper.:angry::mad2: The neck on the Bonanza Chopper is welded in between the two frame loops. It looks really similar to the mini bike of the month on OldMiniBikes's home page.

Last edited:

mybiz

Now it could be a MOTO SKEETER what model don't know. But the moto skeeter has the same type of frame to neck setup and the rear axle mounts are very close match. But most of the moto skeeters had a single down tube. And there is not much info on these bikes. Just a thought.:doah:

Thanks for all the help. I'm going with a MOTO SKEETER back half and a home built/modified front, manco rims, and a few other mods!

Is there a source for a rear brake that would work on these rims? How about a seat with rear springs?

I'll keep photos of the transformation and post them on the Project Log.