Help with ID and crank interchange

This is a sears 143 574032 Ser# 6300 03169 marked 3.5 HP

But the exhaust port is on the side? I thought only the 30 and smaller tec engines had that? Its a NOS snowblower engine with a splined crank.
So I need a crank, but I might have one? Does anyone know for sure what all will fit? Maybe the side cover is unique as well? It had a gear reduction on it, when I pulled it off I first thought it was a BB crank with the big seal but the machined area is actually bigger then the seal area of lets say a HS40 BB engine?
Any tech experts?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It looks like an old H35. I have one like it, that came with a ARCO mini I bought. If you find a H35 with that style tank, the crank should swap. Not sure about the newer ones though. The bearing journal size may be smaller on the newer ones.

BTW I'm no Tecumseh expert.

Last edited:
A cheap way is to notch one of the "v"'s square to fit a keyed clutch then get a long keyed clutch and adapter from max T , they will cut any size adapter for you and that part is a only couple bucks. You will need to drill and tap the shaft for the bolt that comes with it. (or your choice)

I've used them on stubby briggs shafts (from like new $20 edgers) and have had no issues however I find max T clutches to be noisy (rattle traps)

I thought that any older H30 and h35 shaft/crank should fit if you go that route.