HF 212 Clone throttle......let me get this striaght!

I purchased the $99 special this week end and I was setting up the throttle to the twist grip throttle control. I watched all the video and it looks straight forward. My engine even has two throttle cable clamps so I don't need to make an "L" bracket...........my questions are>>>>>>>

ONE.......Looking at the hook up before start, the Governor has the throttle butterfly WFO....as soon as this thing fires up is the Gov going to bring it back to idle??

TWO....... the throttle never physically actuates the throttle butterfly, just changes the tension on the GOV arm changing the speed of the motor, is that right?

If it's a yes to both it's all good, if not, i need to figure it out before I continue and have the twist grip fighting the GOV and the whole thing explode before I can get to the kill switch LOL

Thanks a bunch

Last edited:
To answer your first question, yes it is normal for the throttle to be fully open when not running. As soon as you start it it should idle. Not that it definitely will, my old engine stayed fully open, but yes it's normal what you have.

Big Jim

I use a 1/4" to 5/16" universal clear fuel filter as an adapter, tight fit but a little spit gets her on.... then you can use "stock" 1/4" hose.

I did put in a fuel filter in the line . I also found out that the rubber hose that comes on the engine is VERY pliable and will fit almost anything if you shove it on with a lil extra effort. I inserted the fuel filter and got it on the tank spigot that was almost twice the size! will get different fuel line and fix that but ok for now in the testing phase

Thanks
Joe