HM-100 carburator

I have a HM-100 tecumseh with a barely legible model number. It looks like it ends with 8P. What I need to know is, what carb do I order? It's mounted in a heald vt-10 The carb that is on it is a #640152. It was brand new and the guy that WAS working on this project said he had to put two ball bearings in it. It will not idle. I do not trust the guy's judgement In fact, I think he really goobered it up. Oh well, any answers would be greatly appriciated.

Now I see what that guy did!

So I take the carb off and open it up and what do I see? A ball bearing jammed into the air/idle port on the inside of the carb!!!! He also put one next to where the float bolt/jet goes but, I dont think that'll hurt anything. Anyway I removed the ball bearing that was jammed into the air/idle port with some difficulty and reassembled the carb. I'll put it back on and see how it runs tomorrow. I bet I can get it to idle now!

Much better!!!!

Removed both Ball bearings and tuned the carb as suggested in another forum and guess what? It runs like it's supposed too! Never ever let a meth head work on your stuff!!!! And dont be afraid to jump in and get your own hands dirty! Now to fix the exuast leak.

Last edited:
Removed both Ball bearings and tuned the carb as suggested in another forum and guess what? It runs like it's supposed too! Never ever let a meth head work on your stuff!!!! And dont be afraid to jump in and get your own hands dirty! Now to fix the exuast leak.

Or just stay away from meth heads.:eek:ut:

exhaust.

Meth heads shouldn't own small engine repair shops either. Just put on new pipe muffler exhaust. Sounds and runs just like new!!!:scooter: