home-brewed exhaust(any ideas?)

deejaaa

been tossing an idea around in my head and searched and cannot find any info on this type of muffler/silencer or what-ever-you-want-to-call-it.
in my head all sorts of majic things will happen: no restriction, quiet but pleasant sound, compact size, etc... list goes on and on.
green is 1", blue is 2", yellow is not known yet.
gasses will snake through the chambers and exit the rear.

Red: blocked
Green: incoming exhaust
Blue: second chamber
Yellow: third chamber
Orange: exit.
is this crazy and i just need to increase my meds or is there any logic to my thoughts?

thats pretty much how many mufflers are made except there are lots of holes in the blue tube and its orange end is capped . Only one way to find out. Quit thinkin about it and build it :thumbsup:

deejaaa

thats pretty much how many mufflers are made except there are lots of holes in the blue tube and its orange end is capped . Only one way to find out. Quit thinkin about it and build it :thumbsup:
makes sense about the blue tube.
plan on it tomorrow. was wondering if there was a name for this type.
wife says i don't think enough about the important things.

deejaaa

I like straight pipes and then rejet carb. Loud pipes save lives. :laugh:

i do too but i ride the kids around the neighborhood and want to keep the peace. no one has said anything to me and i want to keep it that way. plus i want to get it legal, after that it doesn't matter.

DeeJaa, I made this one, its a simple tube with perferations in a larger tube with the ends blanked off. I put course seel wool in, but its not nessesary. I like your idea, just remember that every time the gasses change direction they will slow and cause restriction.

I say build it film it and let us know:thumbsup:

DeeJaa, I made this one, its a simple tube with perferations in a larger tube with the ends blanked off. I put course seel wool in, but its not nessesary. I like your idea, just remember that every time the gasses change direction they will slow and cause restriction.

I say build it film it and let us know:thumbsup:

"I say build it film it and let us know" sounds like a plan Daniel, thanks.

Your blue 2" is suspended in your drawing. How do you plan on making it fixed. That is why the one example has holes in it so it can be supported inside the outer tube.

Your blue 2" is suspended in your drawing. How do you plan on making it fixed. That is why the one example has holes in it so it can be supported inside the outer tube.
welded to the side. i was using the cheap paint program.
here's a vid of it:

it looks like s%it but it sounds good to me. a lot quieter at idle but can be heard giving it the gas.
so now i have to rethread one of the exhaust stud holes. stripped it out finally.
i will clean it up and put a support on it. needs a heat shield also for the girls.
we saw this on or tour of the neighborhood today:

not good pics but only had the phone on me.

i think im going to do this for a cheepie 43cc 2 stroke motor because the exaugst is restricting it but it needs to be quiet so will this reduce poer or will this increase it?

thanks Spire.
i was told that every bend is a restriction but i can"t research because i am not sure what this type of muffler/silencer is called.
start with a standard size pipe, increase each one after.
i started with 1" heavy walled electrical conduit. all the others is what i had lying around so it's not tuned. materials cost was zero.

theres people that will remove the hive for free might even pay for it. bee keepers you know. put an ad on craigslist or something :thumbsup:
i will let him know. as of yesterday it was still there.
started working on a diff pipe after i got home at 1 in the morning. it will be more like TANKSAREUS idea but diff. will try to finish in the morn/evening.

Last edited: