Homemade Race Gas?

DMR

I have been hearing about people using high ratios of Gas to Octane Booster, such as 4:1, has anyone tried it? I was going to pick up a bottle of STP Octane Booster later today and try it. I'll let ya know how it goes!!

I have been hearing about people using high ratios of Gas to Octane Booster, such as 4:1, has anyone tried it? I was going to pick up a bottle of STP Octane Booster later today and try it. I'll let ya know how it goes!!
Sorry to inform you but the only thing that booster is going to do is lighten your wallet:doah::doah::doah::doah:

DMR

actually, i use STP Octane Booster in my '32 Ford, and it gave it a dyno confirmed increase in power (11 HP)

DMR

i tried it, and there is definately a difference, it is more snappy on the low end, and it sounds different, it also seems to burn the fuel more efficiently, because when i removed the spark plug (which is new) there was virtually no carbon build-up. i used it with a gas to booster ratio of 50:1 (i use premium gas)

Last edited:

DMR

it is a briggs 5hp flathead with a custom header and polished intake port, but thats it, the engine also sounds much smoother, no pinging or knocking. i am also using an E3 diamond fire spark plug, this plug and the fuel additive combined seem to promote very clean and powerful ignition.

DMR

sorry man there inst any difference in power
well, i guess you would have to see it to believe it, its not the additive that is giving it more power, it is the smoother ignition that is making it more snappy. I am not saying that it is making more power, it is just more responsive to throttle output.

DMR

i raced 5hp briggs for 2 years and that wouldnt help unless you did alot more mods to the motor
i want to re-do my earlier statement, it does not have more power, it just runs smoother, and does not ping or knock. it is also easier to start

jessez

octane boosters do that boost octane which basiclly mean they are LESS volitile wich means LESS power higher octane is needed in higher compression engines because the the gas will start detonating prior to the spark plug igniting it

it is funny people think that "jet fuel" will make there engine run better and make more power jet fuel is pretty much the a mix of gas and kerosene.

octane boosters do that boost octane which basiclly mean they are LESS volitile wich means LESS power higher octane is needed in higher compression engines because the the gas will start detonating prior to the spark plug igniting it

it is funny people think that "jet fuel" will make there engine run better and make more power jet fuel is pretty much the a mix of gas and kerosene.
your close on the "jet fuel " it more of a half breed of kerosene and diesel fuel . i ran in to alot of punk kids that did the "ill run jet fuel and beat you in a race "

Higher octane gas burns slower..This is great for preventing detonation in a high compression engine but if your engine does not need it you will actually lose power by running it..

Racing fuel and octane booster are two very different items. If you like it use it. If you want to put high octane in your mini bike that's OK too. I have a full race motor that does wheelies on 91 octane and I need nothing else. One the other hand I run 50% 50% 121 and 91 on another bike. It's up to you. If a $7.99 additive makes you happy and the plug looks good GO 4 IT!

I ran race gas in 1985-1986 in my 1983 CR 125 Honda Motocross and had fun doing it too..Ascot Park finished mid pack....

TT

Woopie Wow! :repuke: