Honda Big Red 250 3 wheeler

Hello

I have a good condition 250 big red. The only problem is it doesnt want to get a spark, We a lot of new parts. But none of them seemed to fix this problem. Here's what we changed: Stator,Pickup Pulser coil,spark plug,spark plug holder. And none of these seemed to work:confused:. If anyone has any idea i would appreciate it Thanks!

You could have a wire severed somewhere too.. :thumbsup:

If you haven't changed the CDI, thats probably your problem.. Those tend to out some times.. The pickups will too.. But CDI's are about two to one..

Did you check the kill switch. Remove the wire to the kill switch (Should be the black wire) and see if it starts.
Also you can use a volt Ohm meter and Ohm out the CDI box and pick-up to check it out before junking it! But you need a Honda manual to know which pins to read through on the box.
I have done this before and would have to look it up in one of my Honda manuals.

Thanks ill try it. EDIT: oh yah i just remembered we bought a new CDI and plugged it in. It still did'nt work. But i'll try disconnecting the black wire.

Last edited:
BUMP

Well i tried removing the black wire. And kicked it over and.... Nothing happened NOTHING. i did'nt want to have to reweld the wire back on so i got in to a big box full of wires (seems thats where all the wire meet.) on the bike and unplugged the black wire.

P.S sorry i havent got back.

i have a couple of them.do you have a neutral light?the cdi grounds thru the neutral safty switch at the right foot peg.if that is not grounded you cant even kick start it.